Creationism.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creationism.

In my opinion, Creationism is a good example of mans need to rationalize what he does not understand into concepts he is familiar with and can control. A vain attempt, but attempted nontheless.

Billions of years of geological history and millions of years of biological history is all an irrelevant trick by scientists to delude us from the righteousness of god.

The Earth was made in seven days, and is six thousand years old, and fossils were placed in the land to test our faith.
    Last edited by problem_child; August 20, 2003, 08:49.
    Freedom Doesn't March.

-I.

Creationism is a good example of mans need to rationalize what he does not understand into concepts he is familiar with and can control.

Delete "Creationism" and add "Evolution" and that sentence would have equal validity.

And the attempt is vain, not vein.
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Hmm, yes, the universe was made by a cosmic alpha-male concept who is a rigid hyrarchist and classic dictator/ruler, who created man in his own image. Non of these concepts are anthropomorthic human orientated type beleifs at all. It is the idea that the universe is vastly bigger then human history in both time, space and potential that is the true rationalization into concepts we can understand.
      Freedom Doesn't March.

-I.

Comment

the universe was made by a cosmic alpha-male concept

That is not a concept I understand or can control. I can't control evolution either, but at least I can understand it as a rational explanation of the available evidence.

The idea of some bearded dude in the sky creating everything is the idea that seems beyond human comprehension to me. It just makes no sense, which is why we've invented evolution to make things seem clearer to us.

Comment

There you are, you have completely overestimated the nature of human reasoning. A simple mistake to make.
          Freedom Doesn't March.

-I.

Comment

Oh shucks. My attempt to disprove you was vein.

Comment

I think its 3000 year old science that was valid then, but since has become a matter of religion, faith and BS. Science is no place for sentimentality, our knowledge and reason since then have evolved.
              "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
              "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
                Oh shucks. My attempt to disprove you was vein.
                Yes it was, I trust you will know better then to be so foolish in future.

Really I don't care about being disagreed with about this, in... five hundred million years time when the whole of human existance is just one more discolored layer in geological history, the whole Creationist thing (and all it's attendant religions) will be no more then an unremembered memory.

Unless gophers or something have evolved into creatures capable of producing archeologists by then.

elijah
                Freedom Doesn't March.

-I.

Comment

an unremembered memory

That'd be a neat trick.

Comment

Poet, you're burning daylight on a pointless endeavor.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
                      Creationism is a good example of mans need to rationalize what he does not understand into concepts he is familiar with and can control.

Delete "Creationism" and add "Evolution" and that sentence would have equal validity.

And the attempt is vain, not vein.
                      The difference is that there is an immense amount of scientific data that gives credence to the theory of evolution, but there is absolutely nothing scientific at all that points towards Creationism.

I emphasize towards because there is evidence that contradicts the accepted theory of evolution, but there is no evidence that supports the theory of creationism.
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

"I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

It would be nice to be religious but since I wasn't "brought up with it", I find too many inherent flaws in it.

But sometimes I wonder...
                          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Anyone who believes in Creationist BS is a naive MORON (Yeah, I'm talking to yoy, Diplomat ).

Comment

There's another thing I wonder : why do the creationists reject the idea of evolution at all ? What is opposite to their faith to think that God created everything, and let it evolve since ? I don't see anything heretic in that belief...
                              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
                              X