Bloody Drivers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloody Drivers...

Yesterday, at not even 7 o'clock (I get a bus around 6:55), I was waiting for a bus.

It comes from across a dual carriageway. The road that bi-sects this carriageway has two lanes before it in order for those who want to turn right not to get in the way for those going straight on. Picture it?

Right..well sometimes you get drivers in the right hand lane going straight on. This happened yesterday morning.

However, the road then merges into one lane (once the cars have gone over said dual carriageway). Yesterday morning, I witnessed two cars racing in order to be the first in this single lane road. Even 200 yards down the road, they were side-by-side, on a single lane main road.

One came *this* close to smashing into a car half on the pavement about 10 yards from where I was stood. Since I was watching this unravel, I was ready to jump out of the way.

Their race for "first place" carried up the road. I would say there was a 50% chance of collision.

And you know what..if they crashed..I wouldn't have used my mobile to phone 999. I would have waited for my bus. **** them. **** the idiots in this world. Those two drivers could perish in their self-made car crash for all I car.

(Luckily for it being so early, no car was coming the other way).

Motorists who drive too fasts.
    www.my-piano.blogspot

Are they too fast or are you too slow.

And I don't mean this in the speed sense.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

It would be nice if more stupid drivers were 'eliminated from the roads'...makes the roads far safer for everyone else
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Bus drivers are worse. One threatened to throw me through a window, simply because I suggested I was sleeping with his wife (I noticed the ring of white skin on his ring finger).
        "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
        "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

There should be a lot more Darwin awards.

Comment

Re: Bloody Drivers...

Originally posted by Boddington's

And you know what..if they crashed..I wouldn't have used my mobile to phone 999. I would have waited for my bus. **** them. **** the idiots in this world.
            Isn't that illegal, at least in the US? Not to offer aid when you see someone dying/injured?

Comment

I think it isn't illegal. People have triied to make it so, but I think they haven't succeeded. The closest things are the Good Samaritan laws, where if you sincerely try to help someone out, you can't be prosecuted.

Anyway, it's a massive violation of liberties to MAKE you offer aid to a person.

Comment

I totally agree, Skywalker. Nevertheless, I can't stop thinking it is illegal. Who knows..

Comment

It would be very antisocial and the person would have to be pretty deficient in character...sound like anyone we know?
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

HEY!!!! It wasn't me who left that guy bleeding on the sidewalk... it was that other guy

Comment

Legally though...if the person is overtaking then the person on the left shouldn't make it difficult for him to complete his manoevre, on the other hand, if the overtaker didn't have sufficient distance to perform his manoevre...depends on circumstances who was in the wrong...both really...
                      Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Hint: I wasn't referring to you skywalker
                        Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Oh ok

*wipes brow* they haven't caught me yet

Comment

Driving this afternoon to work, there's this damned irritating intersection were people turning right (curved right, not 90 degree turn) onto the street I'm driving CONSTANTLY ignore the fact that there is oncoming traffic and that they themselves must YIELD to that traffic, not continue to drive along in the generous and almost-big-enough-for-a-vehicle shoulder then swing out into the traffic lane to make the turn into the parking lot. All those near-misses just to get to Little Flower Catholic Church right there at that intersection.

Today, however, it was an elderly man who wasn't going to church. He continued to disregard traffic around him, crossing lanes as he saw fit, puttering along below the speedlimit then without warning accelerate, until I lost sight of him two or three minutes later. If I had been a later closer to him I would have reported this one to the police (licence plate number/make of vehicle). Has was a danger to everyone around him. Nearly rammed into the people two cars ahead of me when he charged through that right-turn.
                            Last edited by DRoseDARs; August 19, 2003, 23:08.
                            The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

So I'm driving by and I see an injured person? Of course I go over to him! You never know if he might have something in his pockets worth stealing.

(that's a joke)
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X