FLCL showing in Austin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLCL showing in Austin

Just found out some interesting news from a Synch Point rep on another forum, and thought it was worth sharing.

There's going to be a free screening of FLCL; the whole series, and subtitled, at the Alamo Draft House in Austin (no word yet on which Alamo Draft House) on October 7th.

I'm pretty sure there's a few other Apolyton Anime fans in Austin, so I was thinking this'd be a good change to gather. This ought to give people plenty of time to plan ahead ^_^

Wraith
    "Nothing unusual ever happens here. Only the ordinary."
    -- Naota ("FLCL")

FLCL?

Comment

FooLy CooLy (Furikuri)

Comment

It's also running on Adult Swim on Cartoon Network at midnight. Watched an episode...weird.
        The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

its great

my first anime purcchawse

Jon Millrt
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

and what it be about?
            Visit First Cultural Industries
            There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
            Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Wraith, no more political debates?

Comment

--"and what it be about?"

Heh. Let me post the cover blurb:

Produced by GAINAX (Neon Genesis Evangelion) and animated by Production I.G. (Ghost in the Shell), FLCL takes animation to yet another level. Get ready for this shocking, funny, and right out freaky show about adolescence, expectations and alien intrigue.

Naota wants to be normal. But with a talented brother leaving Japan for the US to play baseball, everyone now looks at him a bit differently. His brother's girlfriend is acting strange and now there's an even stranger girl hitting on him.

Literally.
                With a bass guitar.

Oh, did I mention the robots that keep springing from his head?
                It's a whacked-out comedy/action series, essentially. Quite fun, and the plot actually hangs together pretty well. Quite fun to watch, especially in a group.

--"Wraith, no more political debates?"

Nah. I got tired of repeating myself. I still read them from time to time, if they seem interesting.

Wraith
                "Why aren't you wearing your eyebrows?"
                -- Amarao ("FLCL")

Comment

Just thought I'd bump this one, since the showing is next Tuesday. It's at the downtown location, starting at 9:45 pm.

For more details
                  go here.

That link bypasses their frames, so if you want to just look at their scheduling (they have other anime listings), go to http://www.drafthouse.com/

Wraith
                  "Furi... kuri?"
                  -- Amarao ("FLCL")

Comment

my guess it'd be the one off of anderson that'd be showing something like that...
                    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

I'm showing it to my classes in about a week. They then have to do character studies on the major characters in the show.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                      X