Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you Listening to right now?

Musically speaking of course.

I have Aceyalone Love and Hate playing...
    Attached Files

The sweet sweet sound of hhhhhhuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

What, your girlfriend is over?

Comment

Currently: the gorgeous sound of Goldfrapp and their new single 'Strict Machine', Australian edition with 8 trks, for a playing time of 40 minutes. I love it, love it, love it.

Also: Saint Etienne, 'Bad Photographer', Lucinda Williams, 'Essence', Nick Drake, 'Bryter Layter' and Patti Smith 'Land'.
        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

goldfrapp are great aren't they, and btw i think that single has about the same playing time as felt mountain!

i'm listening to sub sub - past

coming up is:

marshall jefferson vs noosa heads - mushrooms
          adamski - never goin' down (ben chapman remix)
          aaron nevile - hercules
          tindersticks - another night in

also listening to 'true' euphoria these days and baby D's 'deliverance'
          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Creeping Death - Metallica
            Quendelie axan!

Comment

I'm listening to a jazz album called "Blue Note: Rare Grooves" right now, good stuff

Current track: Reuben Wilson - Hot Rod

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom
                Currently: the gorgeous sound of Goldfrapp and their new single 'Strict Machine', Australian edition with 8 trks, for a playing time of 40 minutes. I love it, love it, love it.

Also: Saint Etienne, 'Bad Photographer', Lucinda Williams, 'Essence', Nick Drake, 'Bryter Layter' and Patti Smith 'Land'.
                Goldfrapp - Atomic.
                I have the videoclip from back when she was called Blondie.
                Good stuff.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns

Goldfrapp - Atomic.
                  I have the videoclip from back when she was called Blondie.
                  Good stuff.
                  Spooky.

I was thinking the same thing when I played it on Friday- 'hey, her vocal style is very Blondie, ummm, Atomic, or Dreaming, or something....' and also the influence of Donna Summer and Conny Plank is very noticeable this time around. She's playing on 'Rove Live', which means I'll have to grit my teeth while that insufferable little raw prawn is on, simply to get to see her.

She's quite open about the musical influences on her website though, so it's not like she's trying to scam us.

Cocokney- 'Felt Mountain' came with an extra c.d. in Australia, with video clips and a blissed out live version of 'Physical', and various remixes and live trks.
                  Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

nas - 'made you look'

I got a new MP3 player this morning to play with
                    Last edited by reds4ever; August 18, 2003, 16:05.

Comment

Traffic - Traffic
                      "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                      Drake Tungsten
                      "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                      Albert Speer

Comment

Dog Fashion Disco - Committed to a Bright Future
                        Attached Files
                        "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

While were on the subject (sort of) my new MP3 player was no FF or rewind only 'next track'. It's going to be a pain playing 2 hour DJ sets with no FF, is there any (quick) way of splitting a Mp3 into (say) 3 minute 'tracks' so I can skip through certian bits?

Comment

CCR - Fortunate Son
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Dead Kennedys - Holiday in Cambodia.

Next up: Black Flag - Six Pack.

Comment

Working...
                              X