Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those who recommended I visit Bristol...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those who recommended I visit Bristol...

Thanks a f**king bunch In the past I have accused Sheffield of being a cackhole but I have discovered that Sheffield is beautiful in comparison. Either I have missed something or you have been woefully misinforming me. Laz, how can you live in such a craphole? The place smells, the city centre is crap and the beer is overpriced...I get the feeling I have missed something about it, perhaps a bribe to tell others it is a good place, but I am pretty sure I got a good look at the place.

So tell me, what is so good about Bristol that I missed, because it seemed absolutely revolting to me....
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

1) Come to Texas.

2) Don't believe a damned thing Laz tells you.
    He's an habitual liar.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Provost

youre from Hull arn't you? pot, kettle, black?

oh, if you take Slow up on his offer to go to Texas, kick his ass (arse) for me while youre there;O)

Comment

Put 'em up, put 'em up.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Stay away from Texas Provost, they have a scam going where they claim to forerigners that Texas is a whole other country and make them pay to leave the state. Last week I saw this poor Brit paying $50 at the Texas Oklahoma border.
          Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Texas IS a whole other country.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
              Texas IS a whole other country.

Yeah, so is Viet Nam, and I'd rather go there....

Provost- Bristol does have some pleasant buildings and areas, but is not cheap- blame the Government for housing a bunch of pissed off civil servants there.

The university is chock full of people secretly seething that they didn't get into Oxford/Cambridge, pretending they don't care. But they do, but they do...

I preferred the North- Sheffield, Manchester,Leeds- lovely Victorian architecture, wide streets, the Hacienda, Cabaret Voltaire, industrial electronic music, the rain.

O.k., maybe not the last part.

But Bristol does have a groovy bridge.
              Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Perhaps the blue collar people of Texas don't meet your bourgeois Royal standards huh Molly?
                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

come to korea
                  draft beer for about a pound
                  Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Edit: nm
                    Blah

Comment

OB and Hite are decent beers. I guess the Koreans learned from the Germans at the same time the Japanese did.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                        Perhaps the blue collar people of Texas don't meet your bourgeois Royal standards huh Molly?
                        You have a strange ability to take English vocabulary and grammar and make sentences that come out as drivel.

Does the population of Texas consist entirely of blue collar workers? Must be a mighty strange place to live, then...
                        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Oerdin: Well I'd take a Tsingtao or a Sapporo over each in a second. And mostly Cass here in central Korea in any case (not that I can much tell the difference between all the lightish lagers).
                          Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Wasn't there a Car named the Bristol? As I recall it was an expensive yet poorly engineered POS.

Comment

Originally posted by Boshko
                              Oerdin: Well I'd take a Tsingtao or a Sapporo over each in a second. And mostly Cass here in central Korea in any case (not that I can much tell the difference between all the lightish lagers).

Oh yeah. Cass. I had forgoten about them. Tsingtao was a big disappointment with low quality and a highly variable taste difference between each batch. Sapporo and Asahi both know how to make a proper pale lager. Thailand's Singha was pretty good too though I found Singapore's Tiger Lager to be blah.

Comment

Working...
                              X