Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staying awake

Hi Guys
    I had a bad night's sleep last night and decided to put it to a stop at 5am when i got up.
    Only problem is that I'm working soon and will be required to stay awake until Midnight

My legs feel very week, and my head is ready to drop..
    No time for an afternoon nap now.
    Anyone any ideas on staying awake, a while back I cooked myself a HUGE plate of pasta heaped to the top and ate the lot (some task!). Hasnt had an effect yet, Only got Instant coffee around , so can't overdue that to an good enough extent.
    ideas?
    Cheers
    Matt
    Up The Millers

Caffiene. Lots and lots of caffiene, in continual doses until around 10:00 pm.

You can do it. Hell, you can get used to it.

Comment

cocaine can keep you up for days
      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Lots of coffee

Comment

Just doing my first strong coffee now, altho i'm feeling more awake now. Think the Pasta is kicking in
          Up The Millers

Comment

A can of Red Bull for breakfast always keeps me awake after a bad nights sleep and then having to work early.
            Shores Of Valinor.com - The Premier Tolkien Community -

Comment

Try to keep real busy, IE work (hard for a change )
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Red bull and an aspirin, splash yoursefl with cool to cold water.
                keep noise levels up
                bring eyedrops with you to work.
                and streeeeeeeeeeeeeetch.
                Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

Comment

Get caffeine pills.
                  Visit First Cultural Industries
                  There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                  Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

caffiene in your favorite form. i love mountain dew myself, but other sodas, coffee, pills, or energy drinks work well too.

fiarly bright light also helps you stay up, but not so bright you get a headache.
                    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

continuous dosage of dr. pepper.

go to the supermarket and clean them out of it, and then gulp it all down at once. if you're not lying in the hospital bed from a fatal dosage (10g plus can be fatal depending upon weight etc; Dr Pepper has 40mg / 12 oz i think) then you won't have any trouble staying up
                      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

oh! and one more thing.

the glow of a computer monitor tricks your brain into thinking it's daytime. really. (from: the study with the source that i forgot)
                        meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell
                          oh! and one more thing.

the glow of a computer monitor tricks your brain into thinking it's daytime. really. (from: the study with the source that i forgot)
                          yes, if it is of sufficient brightness. flourescent lights also work well.
                          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Smoke some Sativa (Kali, haze, if not avaibel some skunk) in small dosages (about 1/5 you would smoke for a party night). 1 hit every 4-5 hours is sufficient to stay awake.
                            You will feel good but not really high (just a bit) + you are active and awake. works perfect
                            If its no fun why do it? Dance like noone is watching...

Comment

naked women helps me stay awake

Comment

Working...
                              X