Dream weddings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dream weddings

I'm not married, and I'm not going to get married any time soon but I have thought about how I want to get married and here's what I came up. I want to get married on the top of a step pyramid in Central America at dusk. Could anyone give me any info about them? If one was close enough to overlook the ocean that would be perfect.

How about the rest of you? For those of you who were married what did you really like, and what would you have done differently?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA,
    Men don't get any decisions where that is concerned. I'm sure most of the men will say, "I showed up where and when I was told".
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I think I played with dolls at a VERY young age for a little time too. I think I even played house with girls. I'm not sure, but there is a possibility, that I was in a 'tea party'.
      But I put it on my young age.

For you.. I don't see any excuse.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

A man's job is to show up (preferably in a tux) and not be drunk at the start of the wedding. Anything additional that you do is just for browny points.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
          I think I played with dolls at a VERY young age for a little time too. I think I even played house with girls. I'm not sure, but there is a possibility, that I was in a 'tea party'.
          But I put it on my young age.

For you.. I don't see any excuse.
          lol that was hilarious pekka i'm still laughing...nah tonight was just an anniversary for me and that got me thinking about that lol

anyways point taken i guess, if there was a hetero hall of shame this thread would be in it...lol

Comment

We got married in the same spot we met.
            Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

Comment

What would be really cool was if it was at the same time, too.
              "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

LTEC!

that's a good idea

Comment

I have them sometimes, scary stuff. I wakeup in cold sweat.

Comment

LTEC!, where was said spot?
                    Visit First Cultural Industries
                    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                      HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA,
                      Men don't get any decisions where that is concerned. I'm sure most of the men will say, "I showed up where and when I was told".

unfortunately yes...

I've already told my GF that I won't get married in a church or have it performed by a priest. And if by some miracle a priest must perform it, it will be an Orthodox priest.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA,

Don't crush those young dreams Rah, they still have hope..
                        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

korn469, to be serious for a moment, sure I have thought about it. However, I think this thing is so big to women, the designing part and all that , that they'll do it want it or not.. so I'll just have to agree with rah's first post . But I guess I could come up with few things that I'd like myself.. it's almost tradition here to get married in church.. so I'd like that. What else.. I guess that's what I want, and I'll compromise with the rest.
                          In da butt.
                          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I'd want to get married at one of two places - either in my church, which is really quite beautiful, and can house large masses of people (for my over-abundance of friends) or on the Maine coast, among great nature's beauty. Also, it would be neat if I could have it on a giant holodeck, like in Star Trek. Then, I would construct a setting that would be absolutely gorgeous, a fantasy given life.
                            "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                            Drake Tungsten
                            "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                            Albert Speer

Comment

My wife and I got married in Las Vegas by an Elvis impersonator. 'Elvis' sang "Love Me Tender" as we danced our first dance as husband and wife. It was broadcast over the internet, so our family and friends were able to see it, and we were transported to and from the chapel in a pink Cadillac. Lots of folks honked and waved at us as we drove down the Strip.

We finally had our wedding reception a few months later back on Long Island. It was a combination wedding reception/costume party. My wife dressed in Elizabethan garb and I came as Friar Tuck. I even had a tonsure shaved on the top of my head for authenticity. We invited a lot of friends we had not seen in a while, and we made the DJ punctuate the music with Schoolhouse Rock songs ("Lolly Lolly Lolly get your adverbs here!") and TV themes (Dukes of Hazard, Mod Squad, Laverne and Shirley, Mission Impossible...)

We had FUN, and everyone said it was the most unique and memorable reception they had ever attended. No sh*t, this is all true. We had a blast.

Comment

Working...
                              X