No announcement yet.

Salt...now with 30% less sodium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's probably just some garbage that some marketing idiot put there under the delusion that it would sell better.
    American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
    I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
    Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
    XGalaga.

Comment

30% less sodium, 30% less chloride too They've probably cut it with brick dust or concrete powder or something, in true drug trafficker tradition
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Maybe it's NaCl2..
        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I think the Mad Monk is on the money, man.

Comment

They have replaced the NaCl with something else, normally KCl as Mad Monk said.
            So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
            Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Yeah, I wasn't been serious...it probably contains more KCl in it.
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

NaCl with 30% less sodium =

Na+ + Cl- <---> NaCL

x(Na) + y(Cl) <---> 1(NaCl)

x = 1 - y
                x - 0.3 = 1
                y = 1.3
                x = 0.7

0.7(Na) + (1.3Cl) <---> 0.7(NaCl) + 0.6(Cl) = Clorox bleach
                -30-

Comment

Yeah, go KCl!

I wanted to switch to the healthy salt for ages.
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

That's SIR to you, ya mercurious, presumptive poo.
                    -30-

Comment

Lifesalt!

This salt contains lots of KCl and MgSO4 to replace the NaCl, but the best part is:

100% Natural and Chemical free!
                      The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

soon, there will be no sodium. Just powdered chlorine....

Its an evil commy plot to chlurinise out precious boodily fluids, Mandrake.
                        eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

I checked the label again, it says "30% less Sodium per Teaspoon". However, checking the ingredients list, the second largest ingredient was not KCl. It was SILICON DIOXIDE. That's right, SAND. KCl didn't even come in third, that position went to MgSO4.
                          Visit First Cultural Industries
                          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley
                            I checked the label again, it says "30% less Sodium per Teaspoon". However, checking the ingredients list, the second largest ingredient was not KCl. It was SILICON DIOXIDE. That's right, SAND. KCl didn't even come in third, that position went to MgSO4.
                            So, the natural and "chemical-free" label actually means that it is full of impurities. It's a lower grade than normal salt, but they use that as an argumant to sell it to the ignorant consumers who believe it's a better product.
                            So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                            Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Just use a 30% less normal salt! (or none, which is what I do, no need to add salt to anything these days the amount they put in everything).
                              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

Exactly!

I just use garlic powder on everything instead!
                                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                                X