Blubster isn't working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blubster isn't working

Hey, just curious if anyone knows a fix for this. I use blubster for my downloadin needs cause Kazaa, Winmx, and Grokster piss me off. So... I'm left with blubster.
    But now when I start up blubster all it does is say "Connecting" for eternity, and it never actualy connects. I got the same problem with grokster, its that and the continous raping of my monitor by its pop-ups that made me stop using it.

So.... does anyone know how to fix this problem and/or a better program to use.

Thanks
    If you can't Dazzle them with Brilliance, Baffle them with Bull****.

the others p1ss you off how? not 'obscure' enough?

Quote' So.... does anyone know how to fix this problem and/or a better program to use.'

Kazaa?

Comment

you can use Kazaa Lite and not get the popups, if they're what pisses you off about Kazaa.

Then again, be warned, using it breaks TWO licenses--you're using a reverse engineered verison of the Sharman Networks Official Kazaa, and your file downloads (if they are indeed illegal.)
      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell

Then again, be warned, using it breaks TWO licenses--you're using a reverse engineered verison of the Sharman Networks Official Kazaa, and your file downloads (if they are indeed illegal.)
        I think most of us can live with that?

Comment

Or you can use SoulSeek. Pretty good too from what I hear.

The record industry will never stop the revolution

As for your exact problem, just guessing, it might be that the program can't locate a TCP/IP port. I have this happening to winmx at another computer. It can't find the TCP (whatever the hell that is) and is just "connecting" to infinity...
          I don't know how to fix it.

Comment

Yea, the pop ups in kazaa make me mad, but its mainly all the add in programs that comes along with it. and especially with Grokster when it installs those damn I.E addin toolbars and **** it takes me 5-10 min just to get rid of those damned things.

Kazaa lite is a option.

I think my problem with Blubster now that paiktis22 mentioned the tcp thing is my firewalls... I put a couple up after I had to deal with that damned blaster worm virus.
            If you can't Dazzle them with Brilliance, Baffle them with Bull****.

Comment

I use kazaa lite and have no complaints.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

eDonkey? eMule?
                Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

for more advanced users. I have my share of problems with e-donkey and DC++.

Shareazza is definetaly the best. You get all 3 (Gnutella, DC, and Kazaa) networks in one.

Comment

That sounds good! Is it filled to the brim with spyware and malware like all the other ones?

Anyway, with single-network ones Gnutella kicks KaZaA's butt in terms of depth. But there's still nothing that comes close to AudioGalaxy... :sniff:
                    Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                    Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

yeah i miss audiogalaxy so much, winmx is useless for finding rare stuff and soulseek is really hit and miss
                      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Working...
                      X