Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iraqi Regime screwed up defense against America.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who said despotism was the best regime to wage war ?
    Doesn't mean a thing if you haven't set your riflemen to fortify, and the enemy has modern armour.

Comment

Somehow it reminds me of Hitler.

He was fairly good in Attack.

But when faced with harder Resistance of Sussians and later the Invasion of Normandy, he prefered to live in his own Fantasyworld and not to facehard facts about german Unitsbeing defeated.
      Because he gave the Orders not to retreat, he was also responsible for the Encirclement at Stalingrad, where a whole german Army was encircled and, after bitter fighting where ,any Soldiers lost their lives.
      Hadn´t there been other Commanders in Hitlers Army, which showed more Bravery than Paulus (whjo commanded the 6th Army at Stalingrad) by refusing to follow Hitlers often suicidal and confusing Orders and instead gave their orders according to the real tactical and strategical Situation, many more German Soldiers had lost their Lifes.

But after all this report shows an even greater lack of Competence in Saddams Army.

And it solves a riddle which had puzzled me throughout the whole War, i.e. what became of Saddams Airforce.
      Now, if Qusai rather chose to disband the Iraqi Airforce than to let them fight and perhaps even shoot down some american Bombers, it is no wonderyou never heard anything about Iraqi Jets shooting down anyone or being shot down
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Well I as the Iraqi leader would have shipped and sold all valueable weapons to the neighbours as soon as the american invasion was inevitable (that would be about half a year before the first day of fighting ). Take the money, make the run to some tropical paradies and laugh at the us for struceling to find an excuse to invade a defense and leaderless country
        If its no fun why do it? Dance like noone is watching...

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
          Well, for the love of Pete, what did you expect? I mean, these guys have been botching the Iraqi military since the war against Iran. How could they have lost against a bunch of fanatic amateurs throwing themselves on Iraqi bullets?
          The Iranians had more fanatic amateurs than the Iraqis had bullets.
          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST
            Somehow it reminds me of Hitler.

He was fairly good in Attack.
            Are you sure? I am pretty sure that it was people like Rommel and Guderian who were good at that. Meh.
            Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

We train their mathematicians and Doctors in our universities,but not their commanders in our academies.
              The war could 've been much worse thankfully the Russians were nt advising on defensive tactics or command.But The Persian War is nt over yet.
              The world is a messy place, and unfortunately the messier it gets, the more work we have to do."

Comment

Vandal:
                I rather think the Iraqi leadership sucked so much because of the Stalin syndrome: the Husseins feared a military coup, and they feared to give skilled generals too much power. That's why they've done the leadership themselves, despite not knowing anything about it.

Just imagine Bush directly commanding the troops for fear Franks would overthrow him otherwise
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

This story explains a number of facts:

- the bridges not mined
                  - the small number of Iraqis combat units identified in the daily reports
                  - the absence of reactions
                  - the lack of organized Bagdad defence

Technically, Rumsfeld was right in his pre war assesment of the strenght of the Iraqi military; when this was confirmed after the first 10 days, the Central Command could launch the final move to Bagdad.

St Leo, dont forget Manstein, possibly the best German Army Goup Commander.
                  Statistical anomaly.
                  The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Thanks Spiffer
                    I can see that now that you mention it.Paranoia is a great destroyer of command unity.
                    The world is a messy place, and unfortunately the messier it gets, the more work we have to do."

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo

Are you sure? I am pretty sure that it was people like Rommel and Guderian who were good at that. Meh.
                      Yep, Guderian developed the Blitzkrieg and wrote a Book about it named "Achtung Panzer".

But it was Hitler wo recognized the worth of Guderians Strategies and supported his Plans against the Resistance of all other Generals in his High Command.
                      Or maybe Hitler was just excited by Guderians Promises to reach the french Coast within an few weeks.
                      But without Hitlers support Guderians Plans had never been realized.

Rommel on the other Hand was one of those Field Marshals who had the courage to act against Hitlers direct Orders (in Contrast to people like Pauli) but nevertheless was held in high regards by Hitler.
                      Although in the End, when Rommel when was confronted with the Invasion of Normandie and demanded the Reserve Panzerregiments, he didn´t get them and of coursealthough Rommel was forced to commit suicide because Hitler believed that Rommel was one of those Generals who were involved in the Stauffenberg-Plot.
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Working...
                      X