No announcement yet.

Warren Buffet adds muscle to Schwarzenegger's campaign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot of conservatives probably don't like the fact that he was against repealing of the inheritance tax, doesn't think that high marginal tax rates are too much to worry about, and that he's all for abortion on demand.

I agree with his inheritance tax stance, but my blood starts to boil when reading about his Zero Population Growth views.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

IThis is probbaly for another thread but are all republicans anti abortion, and whats Arnies stance.
      Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
      Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Arnie's moderately pro-choice. IIRC, he's socially liberal (for a Republican) but economically conservative. I think itll be pretty much as it is now but with lower taxes, much lower spending and a new style economic policy, if Arnie gets into power. Has Arnie actually released his economic plans in full yet, and how he'll reduce the deficit?
        Smile
        For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
        But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

I agree with MtG. There are very high costs to doing business in California. Unless these are addressed in some fundamental way, a new governor can only rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic.

I do not know whether Buffet - or George Schultz, for that matter, can help without the will to take on significant vested interests such as the unions and the trial lawyers.
          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

I'M THE GUVNAH, YOU EEDIOOTTT!

Comment

Originally posted by TheStinger
              IThis is probbaly for another thread but are all republicans anti abortion, and whats Arnies stance.
              No and Yes.

Comment

Buffet and Schwarz. can take on the unions etc because they, unlike career politicians, have nothing to lose by taking on the establishment - their careers, their livelihood doesn't depend upon them getting elected/appointed in increasingly higher-status positions for the next 30 years. People like that can be extremely vexing to the establishment.

Comment

Working...
                X