No announcement yet.

AmericaniSed spelling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Elijah, I got some duct tape for ya . . . . .
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

MrFun:
      "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
      "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

kinky
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by elijah
          MrFun:
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I try.... what can I say?
            "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
            "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

man, those britishers really have something stuck up their collective craws, mm?

we'll just let them think they're spelling things correctly. it's pretty much all they have left, anyway, their "honor".
              B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                Just 500 years ago Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, and Iceland were all one country with one king. The Finns spoke there own language but the other four all spoke the same language or at least the nobility did.
                yeah of course the Scandinavians didnt have Hollywood movies, BBC dramas on PBS, the Internet, etc. We've read each others novels and poetry for the last 2 hundred years, followed each others movies and tv since those media were born, theyve followed our pop songs since the 1920's, we've followed theirs since the 1960's. Today we read each others newspapers, and are intimately familiar with the slants of each others news networks. Increasingly we are even familiar with eachs others slang.

There is zero, repeat zero chance of the written language ever moving apart . There is almost zero chance of the spoken language moving apart.

Hope everyone take this in good humour. Dont fly off the handle. Eat your French Fries, whatever their color.
                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

I demand that "colour" be added as a valid synonym of "color" to the W3C specs.
                  Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

By they way, why do you guys pronounce "Theatre" "Theater"? Don't you know with the "-tre" it would be pronounced "Theatree"?
                    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
                      I demand that "colour" be added as a valid synonym of "color" to the W3C specs.
                      did you read about the kernel patch that changes every instance of "colour" to color?
                      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by Uber KruX
                        well, for starters it's really "über", which is so german french men pee themselves at the sight of it.
                        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar
                          By they way, why do you guys pronounce "Theatre" "Theater"? Don't you know with the "-tre" it would be pronounced "Theatree"?
                          BTW, "metre" as in "kilometre" is pronounced differently from "meter" as in "odometer".

Comment

Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

They are different words, eh.

Comment

Hey, if you want to harass anybody about messing up the language... you MIGHT want to start with the Jamaicans....
                                Dom Pedro II - 2nd and last Emperor of the Empire of Brazil (1831 - 1889).

I truly believe that America is the world's second chance. I only hope we get a third...

Comment

Working...
                                X