Interesting Places your voice has been but you haven't

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Places your voice has been but you haven't

I had to ring someone in Katmandu today. I've never been there.

Kind of odd to think my voice has been there but I haven't.
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Your voice wasn't there . Or then I could say I have visited many more countries I've ever been, logging to their servers located there.. Hey my IP visited there! .

Sorry, I just wanted to ruin your fun .
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Your moronic answers never ruin my fun.
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

I'm glad to hear that, they weren't supposed to...

What if you were stuck with phone operator in Katmandu? What if if only reached a message box, that you would leave your message, but no one would ever play it?
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

I was actually - I had to ring twice.

Comment

but would it count? What if I scream loud enough, that they could hear it in Katmandu?

What if I sent a letter, with instructions to send it back to me.. the letter would then have visited the place.. ?
            In da butt.

Comment

I called a client on his cell phone, and when he answered he explained he was in Kuwait. He must have one kick-ass cell phone. But he lives in Belgium, and we know their mobile stuff is better.

So my voice has been in Kuwait. A place my body shall never, ever go.
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Boris, it doesn't matter what cell phone you have.. it matters how good the network is. For example my phone works in every country, except the US because of different frequency. When I was in Greece, my friend called me to my cell from his cell and he thought I was lying that I wasn't home. It's that good these days..

I can call from my cell to my moms cell in the US, and you woudln't notice the difference if I was calling from the room next to you. It's pretty awesome though .

edit: duh, that was pretty much what you meant. I didn't want to sound like a smartass.
                In da butt.

Comment

I was thinking of taking a job at a uni in the UAE so my voice was there.

Australia too.
                  We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                  If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                  Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Now that I think of it, I'm pretty boring. My voice hasn't been anywhere where I haven't been earlier or later.
                    In da butt.

Comment

I wish I had a job where I needed to speak to people in Kathmandu (sp?).

But my voice has been to Australia and Japan, with no passport, visa or local currency.

Comment

the only place my voice has been that i haven't is new york.
                        Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

Comment

Here's an idea:
                          If you really want to 'Travel by Voice'(tm), build a web page that plays a recording of your voice saying something when the page loads. Then upload it to somewhere and invite random people you meet on IRC / IMs / elsewhere to visit your site (but that's spamming, so don't really do it).
                          Then your voice can reach pretty much anywhere in the world where there is a computer that's connected to the Internet and has working speakers, only without the long-distance phone bills.
                          "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                          And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                          Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                          - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Me: Hello, where are you?
                            Friend: Venice
                            Me: Huh? Is that a new bar or something?
                            Friend: No I'm in Venice in Italy.
                            Me: Oooh
                            etc
                            CSPA

Comment

My voice has carressed the inner thighs of Winona Ryder.
                              He's got the Midas touch.
                              But he touched it too much!
                              Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Working...
                              X