Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wed designers / programmers / authors - read this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Q Cubed
    is it better than tables? i'll have to say yes. it's trickier to think about the layout, but that's just me--i was coding pages in html tables before css came out, so that's what i learned and had gotten used to, but after picking up the strength of css...
    Me too. I coded my first website in HTML 2.0 (back in those bad old days ) and table was the only thing I had at my disposal. And yes, old habit did die hard, so it took awhile.

4.x browsers not having good support of CSS didn't help things.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Originally posted by devilmunchkin
      so far, i don't see how ccs is THAT much better than doing html tags. maybe it's just me.
      Check out the Zen Garden website che linked to. That's the power of CSS.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• I thought CSS was just for text formatting... until I looked at that css zen garden site. Learned how to do simple layouts in two days- try it, it's not hard at all.

Here is my first effort. It has cross-browser issues, but was created without any prior knowledge of css- no classes, no books, no study time: link.
        cIV list: cheats
        Now watch this drive!

Comment

• Thanks for the post and nice to see this here. Looking for job notification? Here you can get the details of it. https://www.exams9.com/hwb-technical...-2020-277/2527

Comment

Working...
          X