Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you share your birthday with, and what else happened that day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you share your birthday with, and what else happened that day?

On-This-Day.com - Today in History: Daily historical facts, events, famous birthdays, world history, United States history and music history.

Click the day and month of your birth from the calendar at the bottom. It'll tell you of any famous people who have shared your birthday, and big events that have happened on that day throughout history.

I was born on August 29th, 1981 and nothing else terribly newsworthy happened that day. However, I do share a birthday with Michael Jackson, Ingrid Bergman and Sir Richard Attenborough.

Also, according to Terminator 2 the nucleur apocalypse started on my 16th birthday (Aug29, 1997).

On my birthday in 1533 Atahualpa, the last Incan King of Peru, was murdered on orders from Spanish conqueror Francisco Pizarro. Also, in 1977 Lou Brock beat Ty Cobb's career stolen base record on my birthday.
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

I was born on January 1st, 1965 and was predestined to roam Poly, as i share my birthday with this infamous person:

Christina B. Bump 1978.

I have no idea who she is.
    What?

Comment

October 12 - terrorist day

"2000 - In Aden, Yemen, the USS Cole, a U.S. Navy destroyer, experienced a large explosion while refueling. The explosion was the result of a terrorist attack using a small boat. 17 crewmembers were killed and at least 39 were injured."

"2002 - In Bali, Indonesia, over 180 people were killed and over 300 were injured when a bomb was detonated in a nightclub district."

On the positive side:

"1492 - Christopher Columbus, an Italian explorer, sighted Watling Island in the Bahamas. He believed that he had found Asia while attempting to find a Western ocean route to India."

1964 - The Soviet Union launched Voskhod 1 into orbit around the Earth. It was the first space flight to have a multi-person crew and the first flight to be performed without space suits."

Birthdays - noone special, except me
      Blah

Comment

July 9th is Shared by Tom Hanks and Courtney Love amoung others. I cant find anyone born on the same DAY as me, but at 20 the 1983 posse have plenty of time to become famous

On my 14th ( i think) birthday Mike Tyson bit off somebody's ear.
        Up The Millers

Comment

Well that confirms it - my birthday is boring. 24th June.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
            Well that confirms it - my birthday is boring. 24th June.
            St-Jean Baptiste day. Go anywhere in Quebec on that day and you'll find a hell of a party.
            What?

Comment

August 27th (on my birthday) was born:

Lyndon B. Johnson 1908
              Paul "Pee-wee Herman" Reubens 1952
              Glenn Matlock (Sex Pistols) 1956
              Me

Music history:
              1889 - Charles G. Conn received a patent for the metal clarinet.
              1965 - Elvis Presley played host to the Beatles at his home in Bel-Air, CA.
              1990 - Stevie Ray Vaughn and three members of Eric Clapton's band were killed in a helicopter crash in Wisconsin.

Misc. history:
              1828 - Uruguay was formally proclaimed to be independent during preliminary talks between Brazil and Argentina.
              1912 - The Edgar Rice Burroughs book "Tarzan of the Apes" was published for the first time.
              1939 - Nazi Germany demanded the Polish corridor and Danzig.
              1990 - 52 Americans reached Turkey after leaving Iraq. Three young American men were detained by the Iraqis.
              1990 - The U.S. State Department ordered the expulsion of 36 Iraqi diplomats.
              1999 - The final crew of the Russian space station Mir departed the station to return to Earth. Russia was forced to abandon Mir for financial reasons.
              Last edited by Pave; August 13, 2003, 07:31.
              The Chuck Norris military unit was not used in the game Civilization 4, because a single Chuck Norris could defeat the entire combined nations of the world in one turn.
              - Chuck Norris Facts

Comment

22 february; george washington shares this same day, the brilliant man who believed correctly that parties are the death of democracy, who although wasn't at first a good general at all was a quick study, who was one of the founding fathers of this great nation.
                thus it goes without saying that george washington carver shares that same day as well, the brilliant man who found so many different uses for products of peanuts. who knew? and without him, who would have known?
                artistic souls include edna st vincent demillay, frederic chopin, as well as drew barrymore and jeri ryan.

goethe died that day, too.

it's all history to me.
                B♭3

Comment

Ming.
                  And nothing else of importance has every happened on that day.

RAH
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I was born on the 11th of September and gave up on caring about who else was born on that day or what else happened following the highly-publicised events of a couple of years ago.
                    That was one birthday I shan't forget in a hurry.

Comment

December 18th, 1976.

Sharing my birthday (that I recognize):

Ty Cobb
                      Steven Spielberg
                      Betty Grable
                      Ray Liotta
                      Brad Pitt
                      Arantxa Sanchez Vicario
                      Christina Aguilera
                      Katie Holmes

Historical thingies:

- New Jersey became the third state to ratify the U.S. Constitution. (damn)
                      - Slavery was abolished in the United States with the 13th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution being ratified.
                      - The Battle of Verdun ended after 10 months.
                      - Adolf Hitler signed a secret directive ordering preparations for a Nazi invasion of the Soviet Union. Operation "Barbarossa" was launched in June 1941.
                      - The U.S. Supreme Court upheld the wartime relocation of Japanese-Americans, but also stated that undeniably loyal Americans of Japanese ancestry could not be detained. (hrmph)

And little, little more.

Duke o' york - ugh. That sucks.

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

On the day I was born (August 29), something weird happened:

1977 - 3 people were arrested in Memphis after trying to steal Elvis' body. As a result his body was moved to Graceland.
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Yup, that qualifies as genuinely odd.

-Arrian
                          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

27th August.

Krakatoa erupted that day in 1883.
                            First jet aircraft flew in 1939 (He 178 - subsequently destroyed when the British bombed Berlin and destroyed the Air Museum - jealousy presumably!)

and England defeated Zanzibar in a war which lasted 38 minutes. Thanks for the link Q Cubed, I didn't know this one so shall go and find out more.
                            Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Feb 21

Of all the people the site lists that were born on the same day... I dont know anyone.

Events :
                              1916 - During World War I, the Battle of Verdun began in France.

1961 - Berlin was divided by a barbed wire fence to halt the flight of refugees. Two days later work on the Berlin Wall began.

1965 - Malcolm X was assassinated in New York City at the age of 39 by assassins identified as Black Muslims.

1973 - Israeli fighter planes shot down a Libyan Airlines jet over the Sinai Desert. More than 100 people were killed.
                              "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Working...
                              X