Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How often do other people in other cultures bathe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
    - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
    Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Why the care why take a shower? Why must it be strictly in the morning or in the evening?
      urgh.NSFW

Comment

i actually never take showers in the morning or evening... all of mine are in the afternoon...
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

ugh. actually, that's the least likely time for me. I only do so when a feel I MUST take one.
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Kramerman

oh, and you i presume never bathed with a sibling??
            You resume correctly.
            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer
              i actually never take showers in the morning or evening... all of mine are in the afternoon...
              Most people are at work or school in the afternoons.
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I know that central western Europeans were filthy bastards that didn't even know what the words "take a bath" meant. Western western and western Northern Europeans were barbarians by that time so even more stench.

The Byzantines were better due to their proximity to the very advanced with matters of hygiene Arabs. After the Crusades and their contact with the Arabs central western Europeans started to develop a modest relationship with water.

Comment

Because you didn't have one?

Tassadar is a prude.....
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

Medieval Europeans thought you could catch diseases if you bathed so many of them refused to bath at all.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
                      I know that central western Europeans were filthy bastards that didn't even know what the words "take a bath" meant. Western western and western Northern Europeans were barbarians by that time so even more stench.

The Byzantines were better due to their proximity to the very advanced with matters of hygiene Arabs. After the Crusades and their contact with the Arabs central western Europeans started to develop a modest relationship with water.
                      The Byzantines were the surviving heirs of the Romans, who invented the hot bath and the bath house. I rather imagine that the concept of frequent bathing spread from the Byzantines or Romans to the Arabs and not the other way around.
                      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel

Why the care why take a shower? Why must it be strictly in the morning or in the evening?
                        I refuse to give up my constitional right to take a shower at the time that I prefer.
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

The Byzantines were the surviving heirs of the Romans, who invented the hot bath and the bath house. I rather imagine that the concept of frequent bathing spread from the Byzantines or Romans to the Arabs and not the other way around.
                          Maybe, maybe.

Comment

Shower every morning after my run. In and out in about 10 minutes.

I usually shower at night before going to sleep. Sometimes I'm too damned tired.

I'm really gonna miss showers if and when I go to the desert.
                            Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

In China, it depends a lot on your economic status. In Shanghai, there are still some who don't have interior plumbing, and have to wash up at public sinks on the sidewalk. Now, most people have showers, though.

Shanghainese typically take a shower daily - usually at night, before going to bed. When it's really hot (it can cross 38C/100F in the summer, with high humidity) many people take two showers a day.
                              Official Homepage of the HiRes Graphics Patch for Civ2

Comment

No bathing, bur shower once a day or when I need it (like after the beach or running). Last time I was in a tub must have been 10 years ago as a kid.

Comment

Working...
                                X