No announcement yet.

Circumcision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diss: I can live without the friction, after all, the more we are desensitised, the longer one lasts.

Great theory when you're 15
    -
    I don't think there's any justification for it.

This basically sums it up..
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Great theory when you're 15
      Well its logical really, with some of the nerve endings removed, I will always last that bit longer that I would have had they still been there. Assuming I hadn't learned to control them on top of what I have, but hey lets keep things simple.
      "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
      "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
        Not that I really go around looking at men's penises.
        You sure about this?
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

It's not only the nerve endings removed btw, but since it's top is no longer covered and thus less protected, it will hmm will become rougher * --> less sensitive---> longer fun (for the girl )

* I can't find the exact word, what's the thing you get on your hands when doing alot of manual labour? well, abit like that
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

Health benefits. Sure if you don't ever wash your penis while showering. If no other reasons (like religious) are there, leave the peepee alone.
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

There has been some evidence that circumcision may be partially protective against contracting the HIV virus. Definitive studies are currently in progress.
              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Partially, maybe... risky words. I'd just go with the good old condom. And as for other ways to catch HIV, it doesn't help anyway.
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

There has been some evidence that circumcision may be partially protective against contracting the HIV virus. Definitive studies are currently in progress.

How exactly would this work, I really fail to see the connection here????
                  ( unless you're talking some divine intervention )

Comment

"It's not only the nerve endings removed btw, but since it's top is no longer covered and thus less protected, it will hmm will become rougher * --> less sensitive---> longer fun (for the girl"

Ah yes but less sensitivity = less fun for the guy!
                    "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                    Drake Tungsten
                    "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                    Albert Speer

Comment

The inside of the foreskin has very absorbant tissue or something, apparently its very suceptible to viruses etc, or something like that.
                      "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                      "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

But you last longer, resulting in more fun in the long run .
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by alva

How exactly would this work, I really fail to see the connection here????
                          ( unless you're talking some divine intervention )
                          He's a doctor so I assume he has some idea what he's talking about. I'm not sure "Because God will protect you" is a part of his reasoning.

Anyway, I am uncut and perfectly happy to be so. I see no reason or evidence for anyone to be circumcised, although I'm not fanatical about it. If conclusive evidence is produced in the next few years that it is beneficial I will change my opinion.

FWIW, I have never met nor heard about a single person in this country who has ever had any health problems whatsoever related to the presence of his foreskin. My unscientific empirical and anecdotal study reveals no ill effects.
                          If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by elijah
                            Is it better done as a baby, or is it ok at any age?
                            The recovery period is longer at older ages, and it is generally believed its more painful at older ages, (though who has asked a baby how painful it is?) This is the principle response to those who say dont do to babies, let men decide after theyre 18. Basically youve taken away the chance to have it done when its easiest.
                            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

But you last longer, resulting in more fun in the long run .
                              Exactly. More pleasure for the ladies is the key. If you get a reputation (whether public or private) with the fairer gender for being good in the sack then, on average, you will get more sex. Anything that helps that is a good thing I suppose.
                              If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

They did it to me as a baby. I think that, at the time, my parents would have had to specifically tell the hospital NOT to do it, otherwise they just did it.

I've never really thought about it, to be honest with you.

-Arrian
                                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                                X