No announcement yet.

we drank beer together in Tel Aviv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we all ate felafel in Ramat Gan, the square overflowing with people.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Gangerolf
      how is israeli beer?
      Some of my Israeli friends tell me it tastes like bottled Arab urine.
      If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

Originally posted by Timexwatch

we bought chewy, firebaked pita from an old beduin woman at the beach at Di zahav, not long before it was turned back to the Egyptians. The young bedu boys rode their camels close to the beach, ogling the topless scandinavians.
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

mmmmmmm chickpeas

Comment

we drank warm water on the beach at ras am sheik, and took what shelter we could from the subtropical sun.

Comment

What was his name, and was he gentle?

Comment

arab urine eh? well as long as it does the job...
                CSPA

Comment

What was his name, and was he gentle?
                  not all quotes are equally factual, and not all are about the same person/people.

Most people were gentle, some were not. Many kept their gentleness under a surface of gruffness, a sabra style that even then was beginning to fade, i think.

Comment

I don't want to know how your Israeli friends know how ANY urine tastes like.

To be honest, I am not a great fan of beer. I drink it, occasionaly, but, usually, with some food.

I can say one thing about Israeli beer. It's better than greek beer.
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

we ate grilled cheese together at the apartment in Ramat Aviv.

Comment

LOTM - stop!

You're crazy.

Comment

Working...
                        X