Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asher! You computer geek canuck! I shall command you to do my bidding a la Tassadar!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asher! You computer geek canuck! I shall command you to do my bidding a la Tassadar!

Auxiliary poly computer geeks also are acceptable.

I'm trying to run a game on my current system (windows ME) that I used to play on windows 3.1. It refuses because I don't have wavmix16.dll. I'm guessing that dll was in earlier versions of windows, but no longer exists. Is there any way of getting the game to work, or am I screwed?
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Did you do a Google on it?
    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

DOS doesn't work either?
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Re: Asher! You computer geek canuck! I shall command you to do my bidding a la Tassadar!

Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

I've downloaded the DLL file. Apparently a lot of people trying to play this game have the same problem. (I searched for wavmix16.dll on google and it only turned up results relating to the game. A person posted my problem on a forum dedicated to the game, and someone gave him a dl link for the file.

Where should I put it?
          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

Wohoo! I figured it out!

Oh, google, where would we be without you?

Comment

Generally, my recommendation:

windows ME
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
                Generally, my recommendation:

windows ME
                Seconded. Had that OS, a crash a day. Upgraded to XP, no problems.
                cIV list: cheats
                Now watch this drive!

Comment

My OS doesn't crash, it only goes down when I tell it to.
                  American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
                  I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
                  Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
                  XGalaga.

Comment

Same goes for my gf.
                    American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
                    I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
                    Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
                    XGalaga.

Comment

Working...
                    X