Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

16 yo killed by Hezballah fire: Israel threatens very grave consequences for Syria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think what has happened is Assad Jr. is letting himself to be led by Naser-Allah, Hizballah's chief. Iran is, amazingly enough, the moderating factor, currently. Now, with the US in effect having a land border with them, they don't want to create a risk of a regional conflict.
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Hey have you seen the new gun the Israelies have developed for urban warfare.

Comment

On the surface, Azazel.

If the hearings go on as planned, Iran is expected to face a number of pretty severe sanctions, particularly from the EU. At this point, the only way to derail that is something bigger happening elsewhere -- like between Israel and Lebanon.

The recent bombing in Jordan also ties into this.

...at least, this is what I've heard.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

That would not be good, if Lebanon and Israel went at it. I dont think they will do that much to Iran, they will probably get a break in some penalties.

Comment

Frankly, I dont care about all this Lebanon crap.

I mean, I do care, but Iran is going to have nukes in a year or two. Iran! Nukes! Soon! With all due respect to some AA fire from Lebanon that kills someone once a year, Iran is going to have nukes!
            If that's not a reason to do some really drastic stuff, or at least to start panicking, then I dont know what is.
            "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

You right, to create another India, Pakistan stand off would not be good, or would Iranians be crazy enough to fire nukes.
              Last edited by WRangler Rhymer; August 12, 2003, 06:48.

Comment

That's why that hearing is going to be taken seriously, and why Iran is going to do what it has to, to derail it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
                  That's why that hearing is going to be taken seriously, and why Iran is going to do what it has to, to derail it.
                  No hearing will stop Iran from getting the nukes. I'm willing to bet that it even wont delay them.
                  Iran has one US controlled state to the East of it, another to the West, it is part of the "Axis of Evil", it also has one, friendly though, nuclear neighbor to the East and of course Israel as the arch-enemy has a gazillion nukes.
                  They WANT nukes, they NEED nukes, it's a matter of survival for Iran and for their islamic revolution.

I'm telling you. Iran has, from their point of view, lots of very good reasons to get nukes and all this sweet talking about student protests and UN hearings and whatnot is bull, it's not going to stop them.
                  "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

The official U.S. policy on Iran is that it is changing from within.

The official U.S. policy on Iran is foolish.

The idea that people change is ludicrous.
                    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Iran will change from within, but not by evolution.
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Hamas claimed responsibility for the Ariel bombing.

Comment

I heard that the EU is taking the nuke issue seriously because they believe that if they don't stop Iran, the non-proliferation treaty is finished, with all that implies.

Comment

Originally posted by tandeetaylor
                            Hmmm.... Do we really want to talk about illegally occupying Lebanon?
                            Yes we do.

You know, I understand why you focus so much on the bad things that other countries do, but why can't you just admit that Israel has done some horrible things too?
                            I focus on other countries to counter the regular media which ignores any news in the middle east unless Israel can be represented as evil.

Did you even know that Syria is occupying Lebanon and is defacto the real leader of the puppet Lebanese government?
                            Why didn't CNN /BBC feature this?

Why is there such an outcry against Israeli occupation, but none about Syrian one? Because it's ok if Arabs occupy Arabs, but it's wrong for westerners (inc. Israelis) to occupy Arabs?

Furthermore, the Israeli occupation in the West Bank is neither illegal nor an occupation of territory.

Firstly, unlike in the case of Lebanon, there has never been a Palestinian state nor has such a state been declared or acknowledged by the UN / the world. The territories in question have different people and nations claiming them according to different suggested partitions of "Historical Palestine" (Israel + Jordan) and different promises made by the British. Thus there is no occipation of Palestine. Only of Palestinians. And there is nothing "illegal" about occupying land or people as a result of war. There are laws governing such occupations.

Secondly, Israel has undoubtedly occupied from 1967 the people living in the West Bank and Gaza. They were run under a unique half military civil service, and were not given full citizenship rights in Israel, though they could and still can approach the Israeli court system, as the ultimate judge, and have infact done so.

Thridly, an occupation of people is not necessary equal to occupation of land.

Fourth - Israel has never intentionally and / or knowingly targetted innocent civilians.

Terrorist / Illegal combatants / "Partisans" which hide among civilian population are legitimate targets in war, and they bear the fault for casualties among civilians. The army, is in no way limited beyond usual reasonable combat laws in city terrain, when hunting for such combatants.

Furthermore, from 1993, and until 2001, the territories containing 97% of the Palestinian population in the west bank and Gaza, were either in full Palestinian control, or gradually transmitted to Palestinian control. The Palestinian people were governed by their Autonomy known as the PA, ruled by the PLO.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. President
                              The idea that people change is ludicrous.
                              That's right, no one ever changes. That's why our president is still a drunk, coke-headed playboy.
                              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov

Furthermore, the Israeli occupation in the West Bank is neither illegal nor an occupation of territory.
                                That 16 year old wouldn't of been killed if it wasn't for the setlements. It is the teen's parents' fault for living in West Bank,

DUH!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X