No announcement yet.

This is more like it: RAIN!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carp, it just started raining here. I take back what I said earlier about it never raining in SoCal.
    -30-

Comment

I love this weather! Only bad part is that I have to start working at 6 AM...

Too bad it's over the day after tomorrow
      Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
      And notifying the next of kin
      Once again...

Comment

I wanted to keep this a secret, but I will just spill everything.

Last week, I did the heatwave dance and apparently it hit the region I wanted the heatwave to strike -- parts of the South.

A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Like heatwaves never hit the South at this time, Mr. Fun .
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

South London? No, actually, heat waves almost NEVER hit south London.
            -30-

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
              Like heatwaves never hit the South at this time, Mr. Fun .
              Well the way those weather guys announce heatwaves as if they were unusual -- even for this time of year, I thought these were higher temperatures than usual.

Comment

all temps are higher than normal. esp. in my city. We have more asphalt and concrete, millions of cars. All this combines to increase average temperates.

Every night on the news we are always above average. Winter, summer it doesn't matter.

We are always above the normal temps.

Because the normal temps include readings from 100 years ago.

There was no global warming back then, and cities were much smaller, and automobiles and A/C units didn't help heat the air.

Comment

Doesn't global warming take thousdands of years before it has significant effects -- other than changing temperatures by a half degree every hundred years?

Comment

Yeck, sounds like the Great Sandy Desert or the top of Uluru.
                    -30-

Comment

I think global warming is responsible for all the crazy weather we've had.

The desert in the southwest is even getting drier. The mountains in Utah and Colorado aren't getting as much rainfall/snowfall. The colorado river level is dropping.

Yet the east coast is getting drenched with rain. This 1 year after a low rain year where they were facing drought conditions.

weather should not change that quickly from one year to the next.

global warming is the cause, I'm certain of it.

Comment

Originally posted by st_swithin
                        South London? No, actually, heat waves almost NEVER hit south London.
                        Oliver Hardy and Sharon Lynn: (singing) ...we're going to Dixie...
                        Stan Laurel: I'm from the South too!
                        Oliver Hardy: The south of what, Sir?
                        Stan Laurel: The south of London
                        Once again...

Comment

"Oh I wish I was in Dixie, hurrah! hurrah!
                          I wish I was in Dixie, hurrah!" - Yosemite Sam, Foghorn Leghorn, Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, the Chickenhawk, Tweety Bird, Sylvester, and Marc Anthony, at some time or another
                          -30-

Comment

Extra points for putting Foghorn I'd say Foghorn Leghorn in there
                            Once again...

Comment

I'm blanking out here. *POOF!*
                              -30-

Comment

Working...
                              X