No announcement yet.

I need technical help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been making a DUMB mistake. When I thought I was clicking on the X to close the website, I was clicking on the X that closes AOL.

There was no technical problem in the first place!
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Yes there was. AOL has an Upper Memory Block failure that keeps your IQ from going over 85.
      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by mrmitchell
        Yes there was. AOL has an Upper Memory Block failure that keeps your IQ from going over 85.
        So mine is the same as yours then?

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
          There was no technical problem in the first place!
          I told you it was a more fundamental problem.
          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Usually I can play along with the flames and trolls, but right now, I would like some suggestions.
            Lose AOL.
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Anyway, now that I have made an arse out of myself, could one of the moderators close or delete this thread since there is no purpose to keep it open?

thanks

Comment

Even if you do hafta use AOL service, you can still fire up other browsers and surf through those.
                Visit First Cultural Industries
                There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

God -- I don't understand the trashing of AOL by others.

I have been using it for seven years. I have had maybe a few major frustrating problems with it but I got those resolved. And those major problems were VERY few -- last one was about a year ago.

There is no such thing as a perfect Internet service.

Comment

Question: Are you paying for both AOL and a university connection? If so, I would suggest you ditch AOL as you can do everything in it just as easily using conventional means.

Comment

Because you're the exception. There are a few Laws of AOL that you fail to understand.

I. At least 80% of AOL users will be dumb blondes with the intelligence of a pack of rats. Of these, 60% are 15 year old "omg! omg omg1!!!1!" female teenagers. 30% are 14 year old "wtf i am 1337 becuz i can cod in basic" and the other 10% are their parents.

II. Thou shalt not have a steady connection to AOL. AOL will, to help you with this one, disconnect you every 10 to 30 minutes.

III. Thou shalt continually pay more for AOL while better services without the stigma exist for less.

IV. Thou shalt understand that your money is going to the Marketing Department, to be used for carpet bombing the nation with even MORE of those stupid "Try AOL 8 Free!" discs.
                      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

I don't know if this info helps, but I have Windows XP, and I am connected to the Internet via the university's network system.

I'd like to echo the above statements, WHY ARE YOU USING AOL when you are connected to a network? Just use IE, Opera, or Mozilla to surf the web. After all, AOL is basically using a stripped down version of IE.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I have been using it for seven years. I have had maybe a few major frustrating problems with it but I got those resolved. And those major problems were VERY few -- last one was about a year ago.

There is no such thing as a perfect Internet service.
                          I use Verison dialup -- it's about as perfect as a dialup can be. $20 tacked to my phone bill (not my credit card), never a problem getting a connection, never lose a connection while in use (I've done sixteen hour uninterrupted downloads), and rarely lose it when when I'm not using it.
                          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

MrFun, your situation with AOL can be compared to someone's who's been leasing a Yugo for seven years, and for some odd reason, hasn't had any problems. The person thinks they're doing fine, except that the dealership also offers Ferraris for a lower price.

Try another browser. You'll never go back.
                            Visit First Cultural Industries
                            There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                            Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

I do not pay for the university's network Internet connection, so I only pay for my AOL account.
                              And since there was no technical problem that I thought there was, I'm satisfied.

And since I've been happy using AOL for the past seven years, I don't see any compelling reason to switch.

Comment

Uhhh, aol costs 24.95 or more a month...
                                Reasonable price is maybe 9.99 or 14.99, Price for CABLE is 29.95
                                cIV list: cheats
                                Now watch this drive!

Comment

Working...
                                X