No announcement yet.

How fast do you read a book you like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I usually read a book in 3 days, just because I don't have the time to read non-stop. Boy, I would love to though!

I don't see how anyone could read a book off a computer monitor...websites, forums and emails are bad enough. I think it would take me twice as long to read an 'e-book' than a regular hardback, simply because I take my eyes off the monitor and 'rest' them frequently.

Comment

Depends on how hard it is to read and how much it interests me.

F'r instance, it took me almost a month to get through War and Peace, but I can usually read a book by someone with a really fluid, interesting writing style like Ursula K. LeGuin, George R.R. Martin, or Salman Rushdie within several hours.
      "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
      -Bokonon

Comment

I don't see how anyone could read a book off a computer monitor...websites, forums and emails are bad enough. I think it would take me twice as long to read an 'e-book' than a regular hardback, simply because I take my eyes off the monitor and 'rest' them frequently.

I did read I believe two books on monitor... slow, and not convenient .
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I've read the Jargon File 3.x in its entirety on the computer. Took me a while.

It was the single-file version, so the fact that Opera remembers the windows's vertical scroll position across sessions was nice.
          Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Working...
          X