Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Americans: Which person on the other party would you vote President?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Americans: Which person on the other party would you vote President?

Ok, say GW suffers a heart attack and decides not to run. Now the Republican primary is hotly contested, and Apolytoners get to vote to count in both primaries.

Unfortunately, the ballots were mixed up and Democrats have to vote for a Republican, and Republicans have to vote for a Democrat. BUT THERE IS A CATCH! You have to vote for the guy you'd most like to see President (instead of the one you'd think would be the easiest for your party to beat), because... well let's just say mind control and be done with this silly hypo .
    I'm a Democrat: John McCain
    41.18%
    I'm a Democrat: Tom Ridge
    5.88%
    I'm a Democrat: George Pataki
    5.88%
    I'm a Democrat: Jeb Bush
    0.00%
    I'm a Democrat: Richard Lugar
    5.88%
    I'm a Republican: John Kerry
    17.65%
    I'm a Republican: Howard Dean
    5.88%
    I'm a Republican: Joe Lieberman
    17.65%
    I'm a Republican: John Edwards
    0.00%
    I'm a Republican: Bob Graham
    0.00%
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

I dunno... of those five, probably McCain.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I can't say I'd vote for any of those guys.

Though I'd vote for Putin.
      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

That's because his name sounds like slang for vagina .
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

I would probably vote for Lieberman if the above choices were all that was available. (Although it would be a reluctant vote)
          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

I picked Kerry myself. He's a very smart guy, and I'd think he'd do the right thing, even if I don't agree with him on stuff .

Comment

I picked Ridge: he did a good job in Pennsylvania, and I prefer his temperment to McCains..to bad he got stuck with a useless jok of a job.
              If you don't like reality, change it! me
              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Pataki

He's done wonders for the NY economy! Gives us the opportunity to "share the love" with the rest of the nation.

Hmm, why not Bloomberg?
                - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
                - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
                - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Pataki is a very popular governor. I said, why not. After all, I did put Bob Graham on the Dem primary side.

Comment

After all, I did put Bob Graham on the Dem primary side.
                    Graham is a legitimate primary candidate. Pataki isn't. And neither is Jeb Bush...
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Sava, would it pain you to read an opening post?

NONE of the Republican people are legitimate primary candidates, because they have the Presidency! Sheesh!

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                        Pataki is a very popular governor. I said, why not. After all, I did put Bob Graham on the Dem primary side.

Not anymore, after the budget fiasco (when the legislature got together and *****slapped them) and with the MTA fiasco. He has lost a lot of political allies in the state who are not happy with him. But he did get away with the same stunt Davis pulled..thankfuly, NY likes their politics dirty and byzantine, not byzantine and insane.
                        If you don't like reality, change it! me
                        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                          No, I was saying Pataki was the best choice out of the available Republicans. Just don't believe a word he says when he talks about the budget. (And he ain't that popular around here any more, BTW)
                          - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
                          - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
                          - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Well he's at 50% .

I probably should have put Guiliani, but I don't think he'll ever run for President.

Comment

NONE of the Republican people are legitimate primary candidates, because they have the Presidency! Sheesh!
                              But you could have at least pick realistic imaginary primary candidates. McCain won't ever run again. Pataki and Jeb aren't realistic either.
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                              X