Talking Back Sunday - Cute Without The E
    N-Trance - Set You Free
    Sugarcult - Stuck In America
    All American Rejects - Swing Swing
    Further Seems Forever - Pride War
    Jawbreaker - Do You Still Hate Me

www.my-piano.blogspot

Currently: Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms
    "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Nothing, but I should put something on...
      probably:
      Clapton, Hendrix, White Stripes, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Led Zeppelin, The Clash, Dave Matthews Band, Incubus, Blind Melon, James Taylor, Indigo Girls, Rage Against The Machine, The Beatles, Less Than Jake, Radiohead, Guster, Pink Floyd, Beck, Weezer, Third Eye Blind, Ben Folds Five, or Stevie Ray Vaughn

Comment

Right now:

Negrocan - Cada Vez (Grant Nelson Vocal Remix)

Comment

A co-worker is laughing somewhere over the forest of cubicels that have become my maze for me, a mouse.

I can hear the constant hum of the 3 giant HVAC units on the roof that supply clean, class 100, air to our aspetic facility, and dumps the rejected air into the offices.

I can hear neighbors typing away, probably working, which is what I should be doing. Yet, the lingering knowledge that I need to leave early today to catch a plane to LA is keeping me from being productive.

I hear the rattle of the broken fridge in the breakroom. Trying to be a good little heat pump, but because every one enjoys opening it every 3 seconds, it really doesn't stand a chance.

I hear an engineer two offices down talking with pep as though she has just been hired into the best job ever. She is talking to her office mate who has a cleft pallet, and thus a really bad lisp. Yet, for some reason he always seems to talk as loudly as possible.

I hear my boss yelling at me for not working, and typing on this silly 'Poly site... but I can't help it!

I am listening to the song of my life, and while it is all fine and dandy, it is a song I have been listening to for far too long. Funny how the tempo changes, but the beat never does...

Oh, well, I am working on putting together some auditions for new musicians, and we'll see how that goes.

Cheers.
          Monkey!!!

Comment

Japher, that borders on poetry, I think.

Comment

LWP5
              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Naw, just a very odd analogy since they took my radio away.

even though they said I could listen to it if I kept it at a reasonible level

ah, Office Space
                Monkey!!!

Comment

nothing right now. but on the way home from work last night I was listening to Slayer- Seasons in the Abyss. I'll probably listen to another Slayer album today.

Comment

I've taken a break from Classical since the Stones' Concert.

Right now I'm listening to the Stones (I bought 40 licks as all my Stones albums are back in NZ) and to Bachman Turner Overdrive (The Guess Who played at the concert and I was completely won over by Bachman's guitar playing). Also Lucky Peterson ("I'm Ready") and Ry Cooder ("Jazz".
                    Only feebs vote.

Comment

Some songs that have been getting a lot of play time on my comp recently.....

Goldberg Variations - Bach
                      Piano Sonata 21 - Beethoven
                      Rudie Can't Fail - Clash
                      Spanish Bombs - Clash
                      Miserlou - **** Dale
                      Radio Radio - Elvis Costello
                      Devil Inside - INXS
                      Flake - Jack Johnson
                      Folsom Prison Blues - Johnny Cash
                      Waterloo Sunset - Kinks
                      Potato Head Blues - Louis Armstrong
                      First it Giveth - Queens of the Stone Age
                      Time Bomb - Rancid
                      Lazy Sunday - Small Faces
                      Date Rape - Sublime
                      Blister in the Sun - Violent Femmes
                      I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself - White Stripes
                      Misunderstood - Wilco

Comment

I'm having a hard time getting the Matrix Reloaded double disc out of my player but Mudvayne, Kode IV, and KMFDM have been getting some air time lately as well. If I have to listen to the radio, I tune to NPR.

IW, what's LWP5?

Comment

None of your business...
                          Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Listen Without Prejudice Version 5
                            A pair of CDs each consisting of 14 tracks chosen by 7 people thus:
                            1. Each participant submits 2 tracks. Theme is one from the heart, one for the feet. In other words one track that means something to you emotionally, one that makes you want to dance (addendum: or drive really fast on a racecourse).
                            2. There is no time limit but don't be a **** about it. If you pick two 30 minute tracks just because you can we'll call you names and stuff.
                            3. Clearly state which track is the "feet" track and which is the "heart" track.
                            Once tracks are submitted, they are burnt onto CD and distributed to all participants.
                            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Wouldn't that be 14 tracks submitted by 14 people...?
                              Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Working...
                              X