Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chasing Mosquitos....

....or better their domestic versions

Well, I had a nice evening with some friends and good wine, now I tried to sleep - and "sssssssssssssssssssssssssss" those evil insects want my blood

How can I get them? Usually I take an old newspaper and try a "precision strike" But this time, it seems, I had too much wine, I always miss those beasts. I cannot sleep when they´re around. Any other good methods?
    Blah

Yes, use a mosquitoe net to sleep under.

Comment

Re: Chasing Mosquitos....

Originally posted by BeBro
      ....or better their domestic versions

Well, I had a nice evening with some friends and good wine, now I tried to sleep - and "sssssssssssssssssssssssssss" those evil insects want my blood

How can I get them? Usually I take an old newspaper and try a "precision strike" But this time, it seems, I had too much wine, I always miss those beasts. I cannot sleep when they´re around. Any other good methods?
      Get up from where you passed out under the bushes and go inside......

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Damn those things must have been genetically improved....or they use teleporters. Just a second go, the monster landed on my monitor, but when I was ready to squash it, it wasn´t there

Evil beasts.
        Blah

Comment

So nobody wants to help me here. Fine. I can deal with this alone. But don´t complain when the evil mosquitos knock on your doors and nobody helps YOU then......
          Blah

Comment

Okay, I always try to leave a saucer of blood at my door, that way they don't come in.

Actually, there is supposed to be an Avon product that is good for repelling mosquitos, but other than that or repellant, I can't think of anything.

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

If you want to stop the bites from itching, run hot water on a cloth and touch the hot part to the bite.
              ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
              ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Well, at least you tried it. Every one standing up against the evil mosquito invasion will be remembered
                Blah

Comment

Best way is to go under the blanket. You have to give up soon, because you can't breathe... you give little opening so only your mouth is out in the open, but then you have to get air just a little more and before you know it.. they're back! Then you start slapping your own head when you think they're on your ear, do it 46 times and then you finally got it... until the next one comes.

I figure that's the best method.
                  In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                  THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                  "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Well, i remember ca. two years ago when my sister got married. It was duringsummer, in a nice old castle, now serving as hotel. At night mosquitos were going crazy. I could only stop them with extreme measures. But I had nothing to hunt them....until I found a bible there....God´s Word hammered them out of this universe

I hope it is not considered blasphemy
                    Blah

Comment

I bet God would have wanted them dead ..
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Blah

Comment

I hate mosquitos. We have lots of them sometimes. Not here in south, but in north? Crazy... land of thousand lakes.. that makes land of kazillion trillion mosquitoes as well.

I watched a documentary about these evil spawns of satan, and did you know that one mosquito can make from 2-300 baby mosquitos in matter of a very short time, and they get up flying in few days? Well that's just nice, isn't it!
                          In da butt.
                          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

And Jesus said to the Apostles, Thou must striketh the pests with the Holy writings because they are foul!
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Best use for a Bible I've ever heard of.
                              American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
                              I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
                              Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
                              XGalaga.

Comment

Working...
                              X