This is just plain cruelty.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sava
    Charleston?? where the **** is that? does this mean you are closer for possible Chicago poly meets?
    I think I'm about four hours south of Chicago.

Anyway, this apartment building building is sprawled out on one level, so no second floor.

Removing any washer inside might be a good idea.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

also the shower head itself might be clogged.

I was doing some work on my water system once. Well some pieces of the plastic pipe fell inside. I couldn't get them out. They ended up clogging the aerator on my kitchen faucet.

The little holes on the showerhead may be clogged.
      I had the same problem with my kitchen sink and every now and then with my shower, I have really hard water. My sink's pressure starts to die every 6 months or so, I just take the head off and pop out the screen that they put in the faucet (you know, those little screen that "vanish" from all the pothead houses) and clean that off, gets rather dirty... Put everything back together and works great.

I would suggest that MrFun get a new shower head, just for one that gives messages, and check the screen and outlet for clogs or dirt...
      Monkey!!!

Comment

Is this just a shower or is it also a tub/shower?
        Monkey!!!

Comment

It's a tub -- but I ain't taking no bath.

I prefer showering and hopefully by the end of today, I will have found a solution from the suggestions provided here.

Comment

Have a bath, why not.
            www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Just wondering if the pressure in the tub is good... If it is, it is most definitly the head... and there are a lot of good suggestions here... good luck
              Monkey!!!

Comment

Hmmm . . . . .

cause I don't want to, maybe?

Comment

Baths suk. How can you wash yourself off in one? I mean your dirty, so the water becomes dirty, it never really leaves, just is lessened on you... Uggg, filthy bath water.
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

Why don't you want to?

You're sounding like a woman..
                    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

@Bodd's
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                        Baths suk. How can you wash yourself off in one? I mean your dirty, so the water becomes dirty, it never really leaves, just is lessened on you... Uggg, filthy bath water.
                        Someone who understands.

Comment

Re: This is just plain cruelty.

Originally posted by MrFun

But the inhumane condition comes from the VERY low water pressure in my shower!
                          Ha! I just moved into an apartment, but my problem isn't the pressure- its the drain! I'm getting 15PSI from the nozzle, but the damn tub fills up fast.

Comment

MrFun likes showers just for the soap dropping...
                            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher

I had the same problem with my kitchen sink and every now and then with my shower, I have really hard water. My sink's pressure starts to die every 6 months or so, I just take the head off and pop out the screen that they put in the faucet (you know, those little screen that "vanish" from all the pothead houses) and clean that off, gets rather dirty... Put everything back together and works great.

I would suggest that MrFun get a new shower head, just for one that gives messages, and check the screen and outlet for clogs or dirt...
                              It's called an aerator, basically, it cuts donw on water usage and adds air to the water.

giving you the impression that there is more water coming out than there actually is. But' it does seem to make the water go further.

And yes, aerators suck in hard water systems because they do get scale built up in them.

Also, someone else, Mad Monk, I think, mentioned getting rid of the low flow washer, that will also do the trick.

when I was talking low flow, I meant showerheads designed for low pressure lines. It acts sort of like an aerator but differently.

Read that how you will.

ACK!
                              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun

I think I'm about four hours south of Chicago.
                                No where near 4 hours unless you drive 60 miles per hour. Champaign is only about 2 hours 15 minutes from Chicago.

Comment

Working...
                                X