Red Hat sues SCO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Hat sues SCO

At Yahoo Finance, you get free stock quotes, up-to-date news, portfolio management resources, international market data, social interaction and mortgage rates that help you manage your financial life.

Heh. It's beginning to get more interesting. Wonder if this will prompt big blue to get a little more proactive in their own defense.

Still waiting to see what code SCO is basing their claims on...
    "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Probably just some FUDing...
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I am suing Lindows next.
      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Why not MS? They have more $$$.
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Because SCO is trying to claim that Linux users are infringing on their copyright. Linux users are not and RedHat is protecting them. I hope all the other Linux companies have enough sense to join RedHat in the suit.
          American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
          I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
          Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
          XGalaga.

Comment

My post was a respose to Ted Striker's.

Comment

So, does this give back Red Hat "street credibility" to all you Linux Geeks? Is Red Hat no longer a sellout?
              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

RedHat is just a distributor. KDE, Gnome, and other people who are transforming their UIs to look like windbloze are the sellouts.
                American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
                I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
                Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
                XGalaga.

Comment

Re: Red Hat sues SCO

Originally posted by dv8ed
                  Wonder if this will prompt big blue to get a little more proactive in their own defense.
                  Guess So.
                  "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Anything to hammer SCO

The chicken****s won't publically reveal what code it is they claim was lifted from their copyrighted work, because they know damn well that the open-source community would just rewrite the offending code in Linux within months, if not weeks, and then their legal claims go up in smoke.
                    "If you doubt that an infinite number of monkeys at an infinite number of typewriters would eventually produce the combined works of Shakespeare, consider: it only took 30 billion monkeys and no typewriters." - Unknown

Comment

Not only that, but SCO also knows that the offending code would be rewritten to be more efficient and they wouldn't be able to use it without violating the GPL.
                      XGalaga.

Comment

You dumbass Linux geeks owe your very existance to people from SCO and FreeBSD

Now pay your respects kids

Comment

People from SCO is not the same as SCO, Teddy boy.

Comment

And the current incarnation of SCO is not what it used to be anyway.

Comment

Working...
                            X