Status in Somalia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlowwHand
    I didn't really mean a transfer of residence.
    To be a native of the country would suck.

Feeling feisty, aren't you ?
    So I'm in a good mood tonight.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I'm confident, that if there was an active campagning in the media and everywhere, to remind again what is left undone and how it is there, there would be public backing to this, and people would demand action.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

hmmmm.... where would I rather live... Somalia, or Texas...
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

So.. what did Clinton say when he withdrew the troops? What was the reason?
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Re: Status in Somalia?

Originally posted by Pekka

What happened to Aidid and his militia afterwards? What is the status in Somalia?
            1.Aidid was assasinated mid to late 90's. Aidid's US educated son is in charge of his father's faction
            2. A # 1 Dung Hole

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
              So.. what did Clinton say when he withdrew the troops? What was the reason?
              The reason is that he and the greasy ********er Aspin decided to play cowboys and indians with TF Ranger after the jarheads from the UNITAF mission were gone, so there was no heavy support, beyond what the US 10MD elements plus Malay forces from UNISOM II could provide.

The whole thing was ill-conceived, and resulted largely from an arrogant view that a bunch of dumb khat-stoned spearchuckers couldn't possibly have a different worldview than that of the Lima Deltas on Clinton's NSC. (hint: When you shoot the **** out of a Habr Gidr clan get together, you're now at war with them, and thus don't need to worry about assuming a "provocative" posture when you later decide to send the d-boys and little birds to snatch their leader and his war cabinet. (Honest to God, that incredible, lame BS was Aspin's reason for denying heavy fire support and IFV's when TF Ranger was put together, and that decision came from Aspin.)
              When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

So let me get this straight. This Aspin guy decides that there will be no support but a light presence of US troops there. However engaging troops and definitely in need of support of many kinds. And then, when bad things happen because of it, they pull the troops out? Sounds like 2 bad choices to me. Democrats

And no support, because he thought it seemed like a war then and would push the limits? That sounds like a crazy man to me. And then retreat? They got a chance to set the record straight, and didn't took the opportunity.. I wonder what goes on in their little heads...
                In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                X