More legal maneuvering in California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    You deliberately intended to confuse and spread lies by claiming the Republicans were being sneaky and being 'undemocratic'. Both positions are highly hilarious to take.
    I haven't deliberately lied about anything. I thought it was a ruling but it was only a court filing.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

But you no doubt intended to confuse... unless you really think recall elections when executives get under 50% approval rates are 'undemocratic' .
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
        But you no doubt intended to confuse... unless you really think recall elections when executives get under 50% approval rates are 'undemocratic' .
        Nope, I didn't intend to confuse either. The 50% figure came from how 50% minus one vote could vote to keep the govornor but he would still be replaced were as the person who replaces him only needs a plurality, which might not amount to very many votes. In other words we could see someone with 49.99999% of the votes getting replaced by someone with 20% or 10% of the vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
          Ok, you're right. The motion was filed but the ruling hasn't occured yet. Still, I remember reading about people being able to vote no on the recall and still vote for a replacement due to there being officially two elections.
          That is correct, but what was added in the ruling is that even those who don't vote yes or no in the first part, can't have their votes not counted if they actually vote for a candidate.

Davis is going to spend a ton of taxpayer money (since the state is the party sued, and pays on both the judicial and litigant side) looking for every angle to delay and obscure the issue.
          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Nope, I didn't intend to confuse either. The 50% figure came from how 50% minus one vote could vote to keep the govornor but he would still be replaced were as the person who replaces him only needs a plurality, which might not amount to very many votes. In other words we could see someone with 49.99999% of the votes getting replaced by someone with 20% or 10% of the vote.

And this is undemocratic HOW? Someone with a plurality wins. Very democratic.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

That's just a number game though - because 50.00001 percent voted that the bastard deserved to be kicked out of office, they just didn't agree on the replacement. It's still the majority will that he be replaced in that case.
              When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
                Davis is going to spend a ton of taxpayer money (since the state is the party sued, and pays on both the judicial and litigant side) looking for every angle to delay and obscure the issue.
                There's no denying that. He's going to spend alot of the state's money trying to push the recall as far back as he can but the other side is also spending lots and lots of state money as well. Davis sucks but the main reason we have him is because the state Republican party wouldn't put up a candidate who was mainstream enough to win. Riodan would have won but he was pro-choice and pro-gun control thus we got Simon who never stood a snowball's chance in hell. Even a bad governor like Davis could beat Simon.

Comment

Davis is just scared that only the people who want him out of office will bother to vote on the recall. So, he wants them to be able to vote for him on the replacement list, because Dems are so stupid they won't be able to figure this out. What a greese ball Davis is for calling you all stupid, that's our job!

Davis should be spending more time and money campeigning to stay in office to the public. The thing is, he knows that nobody wants him to remain in office, so he is goin to wiggle around like stupid putz until he is ultimatley dispised even more.

I wouldn't be suprised if this election has the highest voter turn out just to get Davis out!
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

Davis sucks but the main reason we have him is because the state Republican party wouldn't put up a candidate who was mainstream enough to win. Riodan would have won but he was pro-choice and pro-gun control thus we got Simon who never stood a snowball's chance in hell.

So NOW, you have a more democratic race, where Riordan can run, even though his party didn't like him!

Comment

60 candidates?

Will it finally be Terminator vs Larry Flynt?
                      So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                      Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Being safely seated halfway across the world from California, this should be most interesting to follow.
                        Attached Files

Comment

There's no denying that. He's going to spend alot of the state's money trying to push the recall as far back as he can but the other side is also spending lots and lots of state money as well. Davis sucks but the main reason we have him is because the state Republican party wouldn't put up a candidate who was mainstream enough to win. Riodan would have won but he was pro-choice and pro-gun control thus we got Simon who never stood a snowball's chance in hell. Even a bad governor like Davis could beat Simon.
                          I've never yet voted for a Republican governor, but I would easily have voted for Riordan over Davis. The Cali Republican Party should have it's ass kicked - they're more concerned about ideological posturing for the RNC (which hangs them out to dry so we can have the likes of Boxer), than they are concerned for benefitting California citizens.

The Democratic party within the state uses that lack of competition to be a bunch of self-serving lightweight ideological elitists.

Comment

Working...
                          X