Apolyton Fantasy Premiership!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agathon
    If they start off badly I'll trade for someone else.
    Fair enough, but remember that player values change during the course of a season according to their performance.
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

What did the winner of the 'poly league score last season and who was it?
      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
      We've got both kinds

Comment

Henry scores so many points because Arsenal are so ****ing one-dimensional they'd be lost without him.
        Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

So, what the **** does that have to do with anything? You still get your points.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I know, I've picked Henry too. Just a general swipe at Arsenal.

Comment

They played the most exciting football ever seen in the Premiership for most of last season, and I don't like Arsenal at all. I think it's only the loss of Viera, and no decent replacement, that cost them the title.

Of course ManU were in magnificent form at the end of the season but they still shouldn't have been allowed to catch up.
              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

I think it's only the loss of Viera, and no decent replacement, that cost them the title.

Campbell too. They missed him badly, having to play that bald French clown hurt them.

Comment

Oh yeah, Campbell too!
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

What lost them the title was their inability to beat a United side missing their entire midfield back in November. United would have been a spent force had they lost that match.

Comment

You can't win the title in November.
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

Arsenal were still ... how many points ahead of ManU in the league at that stage? They could have held on if they had played better in the following 5 months.

Comment

You can't win the title in November.
                          No, but you can lose it, and had United lost then (either the Arsenal match or the Liverpool match), they would have.

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet

Fair enough, but remember that player values change during the course of a season according to their performance.
                            I can't see him getting much pricier than now, since presumably his value is riding on last year's superlative performance.

I expect Shearer to have an excellent year, mainly because he now has a reasonably stable team behind him. Either last season or the season before he was robbed of the scoring title on the last weekend by having two good goals disallowed.

But having said that, I couldn't afford Henry and put all the players I wanted.

My must haves are Pires and Riise, who I think will do better this season.

I suppose the best strategy is to buy a couple of fairly expensive kids who are likely to like Jenas at the start and then flog them off once the price goes up in order to assemble a lethal 3 man forward line.

I suppose I'm going to lag in the first few weeks anyway, since I haven't played this particular game before (I did play the BBC one and managed to get in the top 150 for one month).
                            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
                              They played the most exciting football ever seen in the Premiership for most of last season, and I don't like Arsenal at all. I think it's only the loss of Viera, and no decent replacement, that cost them the title.

Of course ManU were in magnificent form at the end of the season but they still shouldn't have been allowed to catch up.
                              True, but Man U are pretty good at catching up. Newcastle once completely humiliated them at the end of October but they still scraped back to win the league (although I've rarely seen a top team whupped that badly).

I think it's a two horse race again this season (Chelsea? ). However, when Taggart retires I think they'll be lucky to stay at the top - given his tyrannical management style. They could still learn some lessons from the great Liverpool era in that respect.
                              Only feebs vote.

Comment

I've played this version the last two years and you need Henry as captain to do well.
                                We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                                X