No announcement yet.

London, Friday 8th August. LAST ORDERS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London, Friday 8th August. LAST ORDERS!

Last notice for those interested in coming..we have around 10 - 20 people for sure at the moment.

"Moon Under the Water, a Wetherspoon's on Charing Cross Lane near Leicester Square for an afternoon and (mainly) evening of drinking and revelry."

People will be there from 1pm...

The pub:

NOT THE PUB you want - this one is actually on Leicester Square. Quite easy to confuse the two (Wetherspoons are pretty daft, naming two of their pubs that are five minutes walk apart the bloody same name)

PM me if you want a mobile number. I have mine, PH's, End is Forever's and MikeH's.

Distances from underground:
    Leicester Square (0.1 miles)
    Piccadilly Circus (0.2 miles)
    Covent Garden (0.3 miles)

Distances from train stations:
    London Charing Cross (0.3 miles)
    London Waterloo (0.9 miles)
    London Waterloo East (1 mile)
    www.my-piano.blogspot

Good move, we need a final thread to confirm all the details...perhaps we could do with a map of the area, including Victoria (where rj is coming from)...I will sort that out later but if someone gets the chance to do it before me...gopher it...

Should be a cracking day too in terms of weather...I do hope it isn't too humid, otherwise mid-30s is great by my book
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I have passed my mobile onto a couple of people who need it, including Ecthelion, Azazel and red_jon...I think Starchild already has it should he choose to come down (he is back from Canada the day before apparently)
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I will buy all those of alternative persuasion a Boddington's.

It's 8th August not the 9th. I've alerted Ming and MtG to change the title.
        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I just hope your coach runs according to schedule Stew, you should arrive in London, if the case, as near as damn it the same time as me and Andy. Now what we need is a time for the meeting to start...5pm officially? I wouldn't mind taking the opportunity to take Andy around London a bit first and show him the sights...
          Speaking of Erith:

Comment

I'll be in London (Olympia, to be exact) on Thursday night for the beer festival.

Have fun guys!
            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

...however if you want to come and do the touristy thing with us Stew, give me a ring when you are there...we aren't going in expensive places, just walking around...besides, we don't really have the time to go in museums or places like that anyway...
              Speaking of Erith:

Comment

1pm officially.

That's when I'll be there from anyway.
                www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

So you're not stopping around FP? I am sure you can find a cheap youth hostel or a mate's floor to crash on overnight
                  Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Well me and Andy should be around from midday-ish...flights and traffic depending...anyone wants to join in with the Provost Tour of London, get a zone 1-2 travelcard and off we go
                    Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Oh come on imagine what hell that'll be underground when it's 35F+ on top..?
                      www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Has Iain told anyone else that he receives his wage packet on Friday in cash and is getting down to London with it all in his pocket?

Bodd's all round Linders!
                        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

You'll cope as long as you avoid the rush-hour...
                          Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

i'll probably arrive between 1 and 2.
                            Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

Comment

I don't know if I'll recognise you Makeo. What will you be wearing?

Mods, could you sticky this thread please...just got a call from Azazel and he needs to see it when he gets a chance to visit a Net Cafe..
                              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Working...
                              X