No announcement yet.

I was just mugged!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't get a gun, it will generally cause more trouble than its worth. A knife may be a more sensible precaution if your neighbourhood is that bad, but again, not ideal, and no ifs or buts, you MUST learn how to use it before you carry it, again aikedo and another martial art I cant remember is good for that.

If you know how to use them, your hands are the best weapons you can have, their lack of "stopping power" being compensated for by sheer versatility, which you need in such a close-range situation. See previous post. Also, go to the gym, build up some meat, you are far less likely to be attacked in the first place if you look like you can do serious damage when fighting back. Looking weak, and then revealing your killer skills won't stop you from being attacked. Preventatives are better than cures.
    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

• i knife would be just as dangerous if not more so than a gun to a untrained or little-trianed person trying to protect themself with it as far as the physical dangers and potentially escalating the situation... and it is no where near as potentially effective at putting an end to a confrontation.

the other things mentioned here, such as martial arts and stuff may be helpful, but when ganged up on its unlikely you'll ever be able to not get robbed in the end (but at least you may have the satisfaction of bloodying them up a bit)
      "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
      - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
      Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

• Originally posted by Albert Speer

why was 'black' necessary in this phrase?

thank you for your suggestions though
        yes. its well knwn that black men are bigger, stronger, and tougher than their cuacasoid and mongoloid counterparts
        Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

• yeah... Gary Coleman sure is bigger, stronger, and tougher than just about everybody
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• I heard that fat little midget can snort multiple lines of cocaine faster then just about anyone else.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• ...or so the legend goes...

Comment

• Originally posted by Velociryx
                Albert: You'll know this when you see it....none of that other stuff you mentioned would make a very good totable weapon. Just look for a round stick, maybe an inch and a half thick and 1.5-2' long with a band of steel wrapped around the end. Or, describe it and ask the cashier. Carry it with you, and the next time a couple of yahoos want to cause you trouble, introduce them to your new friend.

Sixteen gage steel, swung with purpose, makes quite an impression....

-=Vel=-

Hey, I have one of those! Never had to use it though. It was given to me by a friend after my car broke down one night. I also keep a tire iron in my car.

Comment

• It's easy to say this in hindsight, but (as you've admitted) a gun wouldn't have helped.

On the other hand, poison would have. Maybe it's just the way my mind works, but I would be wishing right now that I'd been carrying something toxic that I could have pretended was a drug. "Here, I've got coke, take this instead..."

Comment

• you probably also put match sticks in chips and feed them to sea gulls.
                    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
                    X