This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft's web site brought down by attack

Explore the latest news and expert commentary on Data Management, brought to you by the editors of InformationWeek

Are they sure this wasn't just desperate people trying to download patches to protect their swiss-cheese computers from hackers; or was it disgruntled users trying to get their own back?
    Only feebs vote.

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Agathon, you clearly don't understand what "denial of service" means.

They didn't exploit a hole and hack the computer, they inundated the servers with so much traffic (hence a DoS attack) so they couldn't respond to real requests.

Of course what would a helpless Apple user know about computers, after all they were stupid enough to be conned into buying chips and software that wouldn't cut it 3 years ago on the PC.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
        Agathon, you clearly don't understand what "denial of service" means.

They didn't exploit a hole and hack the computer, they inundated the servers with so much traffic (hence a DoS attack) so they couldn't respond to real requests.
        You are such a miserable loser, Asher. Didn't you read what I said, or did you not bother and just think up the lamest possible thing to say?
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

Denial of service attacks don't occur when legit users inundate servers with request, moron.

Hence the word "attack" -- you should look that one up, it might be useful in your next philosophical debate about Blue Cheese in the 16th dimension.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Denial of service attacks don't occur when legit users inundate servers with request, moron.

Hence the word "attack" -- you should look that one up, it might be useful in your next philosophical debate about Blue Cheese in the 16th dimension.
            It was a joke, you clown..... ....Sava got it, what's wrong with you?
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

And this miserable user has a swollen d*ck from excessive sex and spinning walls from alcohol, so perhaps it should be everyone's goal to be such a miserable loser. The world would be a much happier place, a world where we wouldn't need to feel so desperate as to post sad trolls like this.

Put down the computer and pull your wife out of the fridge, and go get some *****.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                It was a joke, you clown..... ....Sava got it, what's wrong with you?
                Sava laughs at everything he doesn't understand, don't you notice how much he laughs here?

Comment

And this miserable user has a swollen d*ck from excessive sex
                  your mom don't count
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Of course what would a helpless Apple user know
                    You are such a miserable loser, Asher.
                    you should look that one up, it might be useful in your next philosophical debate about Blue Cheese in the 16th dimension.
                    JERRY! JERRY!
                    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                      your mom don't count
                      Of course she doesn't, I'm gay you ****nut, what's what my brother and father are for.

Comment

I thought you were bi
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'll do you all a favor.
                          When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Working...
                          X