X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    'Cause it just is .

I should know silly when I see it!
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I would vote for an AI.
      http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

I vote for Batman.
        -30-

Comment

Why bother writing an AI that can understand ethics etc.? We need one that can play Civ

Comment

Originally posted by Uber KruX
            why exactly is AI silly?
            You don't think asserting an A.I. will beat out any of the other options to be president first is silly?
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

You don't think asserting an A.I. will beat out any of the other options to be president first is silly?
              if the AI was running on the Republican and Democratic tickets, i think it could reasonably beat out a third party candidate with sheer party loyality.
              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
              - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Galis
                Non-Christian definitely. This country will elect a Jew or atheist before too long.
                A Jew won the vice precidency in 2000.

Comment

Hmmm, good point. Deists comprise a good number of Founding Fathers.

However, publicly, Jefferson (and Washington) both payed lipservice to Christianity, so you could say they were "closeted non-Christians." That's not quite the same thing. I think the poll refers to people knowingly electing a non-Christian.

If i remember correctly, Jefferson being a deist was common knowledge, i belive he even wrote the deist bible.
                  Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

DOMINICK DUNNE FOR PREZ 2004!!
                    -30-

Comment

Originally posted by flash9286
                      If i remember correctly, Jefferson being a deist was common knowledge, i belive he even wrote the deist bible.
                      The "deist bible" was Thomas Paine's The Age of Reason. Not anything Jefferson wrote.

You can take a look at Jefferson's public addresses versus his private correspondence. His public speeches have references to Christianity throughout them. While he doesn't necessarily profess to be Christian, he's certainly giving an impression that he is one.

His private correspondence, of course, gives the opposite picture, clearly showing him as the Deist he was. But I don't think Joe Schmoe the Christian voter back in 1804 would know that was Jefferson's belief.
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

no Boris... what Flash meant was Jefferson wrote the Jefferson Bible which was a deist version of the gospels (without the miracles, resurrection, and all the other 'religious' aspects)
                        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer
                          no Boris... what Flash meant was Jefferson wrote the Jefferson Bible which was a deist version of the gospels (without the miracles, resurrection, and all the other 'religious' aspects)
                          Jefferson didn't write that until 1820, well after he was elected President. It wouldn't have had any impact on his Presidential ambitions.
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

If Condie Rice could ever run and win, it would be a non-white and a woman simultaneously! Too bad she damaged her reputation by her involvement in the administration's lies. And so unfortunately did Collin Powel.
                            Freedom is just unawareness of being manipulated.

Comment

has there ever been a woman run for president? a non-christian? an asian or hispanic? and has there been a black man to run for president who isn't extreme (like Keyes, Jackson, or Sharpton)? someone under 40?

really i think the problem is that so few people who fit these categories have even bothered to run... maybe if there were a few more candidates, we'd have had presidents who fulfill these categories
                              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                                I see it:

non-white (There are no more C. Powel at the moment)
                                woman (Hillary would lose, so not in my life time)
                                non-Christian (No. To many Christian today to allow that to happen)
                                third-party (Maybe someday, before 2100)
                                under 40 (Someday after 2050)

(A.I. is silly) Agree

Anyway, does anyone really think someone that is 35-40 will be elected PRESIDENT? Come on... people would mock him for his lack of experience and his youth no doubt. Even lower 40s is rare.
                                Only Kennedy and Clinton.

Comment

Working...
                                X