Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you get a free trial on an older version of AOL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you get a free trial on an older version of AOL?

45 free days of internet so why not?

i signed up and all that and then started to download Aol 8.0... i saw that it was 44 mb and stopped it cause i couldn't keep the internet that long to download it at the time... next time i tried though, the file shrunk to only 12 mb but turned out to be Aol 5.0... i downloaded it and installed it but i don't want to connect yet until i know for sure that i will be able to get a free trial (the free trial ads always say "Try Aol 8.0 for free!" (8.0 sounds like the key part). so do yall think the free trial works for 5.0?

thanks
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Make sure there isn't a catch, such as having to give them your credit card number, Satanic incantations, or the ridicule that any AOLer deserves.
    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

If you can find an old revision, I don't see why not.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I needed to give my checking account information (apparently, i'll be charged 5 dollars for this service but i don't got a credit card)...

so should i go and try it or will i end up being charged over 23.50 at the end of the month?
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I don't want anyone automatically deducting from my checking, or credit card.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

You can use an old version to get the free trial in the UK, I don't see why it would be different over there

Comment

AOL only take C/C debits overhere, you may be screwed not having one

Comment

alright, i'm trusting you reds4ever... if things don't work out, i'm hunting you down

Comment

reds:

no they already took my checking information... it's a new service they said so you won't need a credit card

Comment

They won't take any money from you for the first month at least, but you will have to provide them with some sort of valid account. If you cancel before the 45 day mark, they shouldn't charge you anything. Of course back when I did this it was 10 free hours for one month (Back when it was like, whoa! you spent 10 hours on the internet last month?!)
                    "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                    -Joan Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer
                      alright, i'm trusting you reds4ever... if things don't work out, i'm hunting you down
                      '...hastily composing a disclaimer!'

Comment

Victor:

I remember a long time ago getting an aol 1.(something... it wasnt 0 though) floppy disk in the mail. I believe it boasted of 25 free hours.

now it's 1045 hours... thats almost every single hour of every single day

Comment

Yeah, of course now they offer unlimited time. Back then you had to pay per hour. That was back when AOL truly didn't suck in any way (relative to the other things out there at the time), but that was like 1994.
                          "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                          -Joan Robinson

Comment

Working...
                          X