Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will it be possible to hijack a plane in the U.S. after 9/11?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will it be possible to hijack a plane in the U.S. after 9/11?

After 9/11 I noted the only good that could come out of this is it should be nearly impossible to hijack a plane anymore without serious weaponry like automatic smg's. I don't even think a bomb threat will work.

But now there is talk of Al Quida wanting to hijack a plane(s) again. They seem to be really interested in our commercial airline industry.

I've heard things like using small explosives in cameras and such to distract the passengers. And if the passengers do resist, they will just crash the plane- as they did in Pensslvania on 9/11.

Actually their only intention is crashing the plane, as it doesn't look like any of them have been taking any flight training.

But can it be done?

I would think the passengers would resist the first instant someone tries to hijack the plane. Even if they are white guys (reference to Michael Moore )

there are new regulations on getting into the cockpit. bigger/thicker doors and such.

so that even if they had control of the cabin, they could not get into the cockpit.

Comment

would it be possible to bring down a plane just from within the cabin?

Are there panels in which they can access vital hydraulic or electrical systems?

or maybe they will just use their cell phones and laptop computers to bring down the plane

I would think just opening the door would depressurize the plane. It probably wouldn't bring it down. But surely some passengers would die. They could have all of them remove their seatbelts and they would all be sucked out right?

Comment

They could just tell the Pilots that they have a bomb and will blow the Passenger Cabin apart if they can´t get into the Cockpit.

I think most Pilots will, under those Circumstances, agree to let them in.

So, yes, I think it will be still possible to Hijack a Plane.

And as for stricter Controls, I don´t know how matters are in America, but in Germany independent News Agencies have tested them by trying to smuggle Pocket Knives into the Passenger Cabin and, despite german Airports declaring that their Passenger Checks are stricter since 9/11, the Reporters were able to get the Pocket Knives through.

So I think the Chance to hijack a Plane are lower than before 9/11, but there is still a good Chance to succeed
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

And if the passengers do resist, they will just crash the plane- as they did in Pensslvania on 9/11.
          New evidence and eyewitness accounts suggest an F-16 fighter shot the plane down after Bush "OKed" shooting down any highjacked planes.

Comment

Originally posted by Frozzy

New evidence and eyewitness accounts suggest an F-16 fighter shot the plane down after Bush "OKed" shooting down any highjacked planes.
            errr yeah, OK

like the U.S. military is competant enough to do something like that. You should should see how lax the U.S. bases were before 9/11.

Comment

I rode on a plane when I was 5 and was allowed into the cockpit (given a mini-tour). All my father had to do was ask...

I doubt that'll be possible now...
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Heavier, bullet-proof doors are being installed on US commercial airliners and the pilots have explicit orders not to open those doors under ANY circumstances when a threat against their aircraft has been made. Flight attendants are also being trained on ways of foiling would-be highjackers, if only to by precious seconds for the cockpit to be made safely secured from attack. Although not entirely a sure thing, US aircraft are much safer than they were. Why these steps weren't taken during all those previous decades filled with highjackings I will never understand...

The worry is foreign aircraft that are not entirely subject to US aviation law being highjacked.
                The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST
                  They could just tell the Pilots that they have a bomb and will blow the Passenger Cabin apart if they can´t get into the Cockpit.

I think most Pilots will, under those Circumstances, agree to let them in.

So, yes, I think it will be still possible to Hijack a Plane.

And as for stricter Controls, I don´t know how matters are in America, but in Germany independent News Agencies have tested them by trying to smuggle Pocket Knives into the Passenger Cabin and, despite german Airports declaring that their Passenger Checks are stricter since 9/11, the Reporters were able to get the Pocket Knives through.

So I think the Chance to hijack a Plane are lower than before 9/11, but there is still a good Chance to succeed
                  u'd be right if 9-11 didn't happen.

Comment

"Will it be possible to hijack a plane in the U.S. after 9/11?"

Absolutely not. There is no discussion about it. I am talking about airlines based in the US though. Something like Ethoipian Airlines or something could be because of the lack of security measures.. but how would wnat to do that?
                    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

the best security measure is the passengers themselves.

I think all passengers should be allowed to bring their guns. No terrorist would dare hijack a plane if every passenger had guns on board .

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                        the best security measure is the passengers themselves.

I think all passengers should be allowed to bring their guns. No terrorist would dare hijack a plane if every passenger had guns on board .
                        Yeah... every passenger can carry M-16 with RPG launchers on them... just pray a bullet doesn't hit the fuel tank when a terrorist tries to hijack the plane.
                        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by Fez

Yeah... every passenger can carry M-16 with RPG launchers on them... just pray a bullet doesn't hit the fuel tank when a terrorist tries to hijack the plane.
                          why is jerry buckheimer producing the hijacking?

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident

Who needs terrorists then!
                            Blah

Comment

BTW, to lower the risk I think every plane should carry only one passenger. It would be much easier to control him
                              Blah

Comment

Working...
                              X