Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why can I not open certain jpeg files in photoshop? They're not even listed when I browse...

Thanks

never had that problem dr zylka. sorry i cannot be of assistance.

for the others, you might want to list your photoshop version and/or post the jepg in question.
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

tis photshop 6.0

as for the photo... HAHAHAHA I wish I could

Yet Ming and Mikey would pretend it was "offensive" - upholding the law of Markos/ being married, et all

Comment

Is it a .jpeg extension, or .jpg?

The problem is most likely that the file type associations for Photoshop are incomplete.

If that's it, you can change it directly from Windows.
        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Try using The Gimp.
          American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
          I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
          Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
          XGalaga.

Comment

Originally posted by Zylka
            Yet Ming and Mikey would pretend it was "offensive" - upholding the law of Markos/ being married, et all
            You're learning to think before you act.
            When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Noo! Don't give in to the Man, Zylka! Post all the hidden penises you want!
              meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Ok, so how do I simply rename the file type via windows? All I know how to rename, is the name

Comment

F2 usually. Sometimes Windows is set that you might rename a "renamethis.xxx" file "renamethis.aaa", but in reality Windows keeps the file extension, so it's "renamethis.aaa.xxx" and you're worse than ever.

Open the folder
                  Start > Run
                  "command"
                  In the DOS box
                  Code:
                  ren file.xxx file.aaa
                  (You might want to make sure you're in the correct directory too)
                  meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

The hell... it keeps saying "file not found"

When I check properties of the file for some reason it has a different name: AVATAR~1.JPE

I've tried both that and the normal in command and it doesn't work

Comment

SUCCESS! Thanks Mitchski

Comment

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA It's coming along nicely (this is for another site, btw) - but I've cropped it to kosher levels and need one of you guys to lassoo cut the girl out of the background! For some reason my pshop has sticky edges and keeps dragging my line sharply to the edge when close???
                        Attached Files

Comment

I wonder how long that picture (and Zylka for that matter) will stay.
                          American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
                          I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
                          Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
                          XGalaga.

Comment

Originally posted by geeslaka
                            I wonder how long that picture (and Zylka for that matter) will stay.
                            Give me a break... if you're offended by the crop - you would love the full meal deal

Comment

I'm not offended at all, I'm just curious. And you're probably right.
                              XGalaga.

Comment

Working...
                              X