Severe WinAmp 3 problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severe WinAmp 3 problem...

i've had winamp 3 since it came out and it worked fine until recently when every time i try to open a file and play it, winamp crashes. gets one of those famous window's error messages where when you click details it just lists off computer junk.

what can i do to fix this problem? and what could have started it?

thanks
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

well some people here know a lot about technical ****...

STUDIO caused an exception 03H in module COMMON.DLL at 0177:00f86046.
    Registers:
    EAX=00f8603c CS=0177 EIP=00f86046 EFLGS=00000202
    EBX=00000ff8 SS=017f ESP=0064b3c4 EBP=0064c3c4
    ECX=c17aa440 DS=017f ESI=00788af8 FS=45c7
    EDX=00000000 ES=017f EDI=00788af8 GS=0000
    Bytes at CS:EIP:
    56 8d 85 00 f0 ff ff ff 75 10 c7 05 98 b3 02 01
    Stack dump:
    0064b688 00fcf40a 0064b638 00fc4818 00000000 00fcf47a 00fcf2a4 00fcf2b2 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Most people are going to tell you that Winamp2.81 is much better than Winamp3.
      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

I'm not one of them... reinstall it. Reinstalling fixes everything (usually). Winamp 3 is better solely because of the media library capabilities.
        "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

BustaMike:

do you think i'm an idiot? of course i re-installed it but the problem persisted

Comment

Originally posted by Albert Speer
            BustaMike:

do you think i'm an idiot? of course i re-installed it but the problem persisted
            WELL, with an attitude like that...
            The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

I've gotta say that the problem is that you are using Winamp 3. Like FP said (well kinda), switch back to 2.81.
              "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
              "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Yes Speer, you are an idiot.

Hey, you asked!
                Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Hey, hey. Easy there Speer. I'm just saying I had a similar problem and when I reinstalled it worked.

The reinstall obviously didn't fix the problem, but it still sounds to me like you have a bad .dll file somewhere. Normally reinstalls fix those SO IT MAKES SENSE FOR ME TO TELL YOU TO REINSTALL.
                  "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

i love you Busta

i went to the winamp site and saw winamp 2.91 but no 2.81

Comment

Yeah, why 2.81 and not 2.91? Unless it's because the AOL stuff....? Hasn't bothered me any after I picked "no" during install.
                      DULCE BELLUM INEXPERTIS

Comment

I have 2.81 myself. All is well. Not going to mess with it.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I've had 3 for some time, but everytime I launched it, my PC would seem to be bogged down in mud or something. everything lagged unbelievably.

I am down to 2.91, and feeling great about it. Still have the other one, I just don't use it, despite the 1337 skins.
                          urgh.NSFW

Comment

winamp3 has wicked skins, and good collection orginization. too bad it runs as slow as ass and crashes.
                            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Do they plan to release a patch anytime soon?
                              urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                              X