Bush Shuns Calls to Legalize Gay Marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BustaMike

Of course Cyber, and it was probably stupid to allow women to vote too, as men have been in charge of everthing throughout history .
    Nah, it was stupid to stop feeding the lions with Christians.

Here kitty, kitty, kitty!
    - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
    - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
    - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Originally posted by Olaf HÃ¥rfagre
      A gay marriage is in itself like if a hetero S&M couple walked around in leather clothing and chains (without having sex) in front of their children every day. Kids should be kept out of sex, especially the odd kinds. They are too young to understand.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not against a gay lifestyle, but a gay lifestyle doesn't involve kids (IMO).
      This is so full of unfair stereotype and outright untruth I can't really say much except that you have no clue as to what you are talking about.

Tell those men they're doing something wrong by those kids.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

The problem is not lack of gay adoption, the problem is lack of willing bio parents. I'm not saying current (anti-condom, anti-abortion) politics is right, I'm just saying gay adoption is not my suggestion to solve the problem.
        So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
        Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

The problem is that gays make perfectly capable, willing, loving and nurturing parents for kids, as studies have shown, yet reactionaries are to caught up in their self-styled idea of "tradition" to see that. They'd rather make baseless claims that gay parents are somehow exposing their kids to sex (newsflash: kids of gay parents look at their parents the same way kids of heterosexual ones do).

This case is one of many like it, and I seriously have to wonder about the pro-child claims of social conservatives when they seek to rip kids away from families where they live happily and healthily. Imagine if someone had up and taken you away from your parents and siblings when you were 10 years old. Think it might be a little scarring?

There is no evidence gay parents are any less fit than heterosexual ones on average. Studies have consistently shown that kids raised by gay couples tend to be "normal." In that light, denying any child who needs a good home such parents is, IMO, unconscionable.
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Yeah, "normal" in the eyes of gays... I am a very liberal person to be a conservative voter, but gay child adoption is one exception. Like I wrote, you don't have to f*ck in front of the kids to make them understand that you are different. I belong to an odd minority myself (S&M), but my kids have nothing to do with that. I keep them far away from it. So should gays (IMO).
            So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
            Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc
              The states have no business regulating contracts?
              Generally, no, unless a compelling public interest is affected, the contract involves a regulated area of commerce, or one or more of the parties does not lawfully have the capacity or authority to contract.
              When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

unless a compelling public interest is affected
                And I doubt that is the case, what goes on in people's bedrooms is their own business etc. Could it be argued that not allowing gay marriage is against the law in that case?
                "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

I belong to an odd minority myself (S&M)
                  That was more than I wanted to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Olaf HÃ¥rfagre
                    Yeah, "normal" in the eyes of gays... I am a very liberal person to be a conservative voter, but gay child adoption is one exception. Like I wrote, you don't have to f*ck in front of the kids to make them understand that you are different. I belong to an odd minority myself (S&M), but my kids have nothing to do with that. I keep them far away from it. So should gays (IMO).
                    Ludicrous. Your bedroom behavior is rightfully kept in the bedroom, but your being a heterosexual is completely separate from that. The same is true for gay couples, as their relationships are not all about sex. Gay couples keep their sex lives in the bedroom. Why would a kid look at them any differently than a kid looks at their straight parents? Kids aren't as obsessed with sex as you apparently are.

And "normal" in the eyes of sociologists conducting independent studies in which they found the kids of gay couples were, overall, healthy, happy and productive children who did well in school, had good social interaction with other kids and lived in comfort and security. The biggest problems they had were from idiots who saw fit to demean the relationship of their parents. Gee, who does that sound like?
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I still like Bush. I think he has a point here... civil unions is what should be legalized.
                      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Boris Homophobes adverse reactions are no basis to deny a loving couple the opportunity to bring up a child. On the other hand, since they cannot create one themselves, they must adopt, so unlike heterosexual couples, they have no automatic right to a child. However, as you said, there is no evidence, beyond the prejudiced fears of the ignorant, that homosexual couples will provide lesser quality of parenting than heterosexual couples. Indeed, it will most certainly be superior to the capabilities of single-parents (due to numbers), which is something that society finds acceptable.

Fez: You can get a lot more conservative than Bush, believe it or not, so shouldn't you be flying the helicopter to washington dc?
                        "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison

Comment

Originally posted by Fez
                          I still like Bush. I think he has a point here... civil unions is what should be legalized.
                          Bush objects to those as well. He is going beyond just letting the states decide for themselves, his little "codifying" statement is a hint at the constitutional ammendment to ban same-sex marriages that Senate Republican Leader Frist advocates.
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by elijah
                            Fez: You can get a lot more conservative than Bush, believe it or not, so shouldn't you be flying the helicopter to washington dc?
                            Shut up you little flying hypocrite.
                            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

I think the presidency needs the female touch. HILLARY!!!

Comment

Shut up you little flying hypocrite
                                Comrade Fez, I am not airborne!

Comment

Working...
                                X