Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you describe your sense of humour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overbearingly sarcastic and dry.
    "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Simple humour.. not very sophisticated.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Re: How would you describe your sense of humour?

Originally posted by Dissident
        if you have any

there are different types of humour. goofy, slapstick, sarcastic, cheesy, campy, sophisticated.

Often people say I have none, but when I'm in public I'm often serious- at least until I've had a drink or two. But it depends on what kind of mood I'm in. When I'm working, I'm usually not joking. But after work I'm less serious.

Anyways mine is probably goofy. I like to say the stupidest things possiblfe for laughs. Even at my own expense. People probalby think I'm an idiot, but I often act like an idiot for laughs.
        diss, your straight forward and to the point posts crack me up a lot... you're the type to me who are funny when you dont necessarily mean to be, or at least, like pekka, make it seem like you dont mean to be
        "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
        - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
        Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

my humor is bizzare. I can best describe it as visual humor. Its like theoretical stuational humor, where you have to imagine not only the situation, but how everything appears (facial expressions, body language, etc) which i try and describe well, but only like minded people get it. And it only works in person, because i have to use gestures, body language, and facial expressions myself to explain it. its an interesting storey if you dont get it, its funnay as hell if you do

other than that i am sarcastic and goofy, and when all else fails, i fall back on the classic fart humor
          Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

I think I'm getting better at laughing at jokes at my own expense. Maybe I'm just channeling Jack Nicholson. Maybe that's why I seem to thing Angelica Huston is a harpy, even though I've never met her.
            -30-

Comment

Kman, you think I sometimes tell funny things unintentionally? I know everything about the human psychee, and how the brain works. I have made algorithms and studied carefully these things. I am doing it on purpose and I am evil about it too. You know, like some of girls who play all innocent and pure, but it's all play to get more meat. Cold and calculated.
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

oh i know:

or at least, like pekka, make it seem like you dont mean to be
                as in you try and make it seem unintentional

i also think st_swithen tries too hard

edit: i say pekka too much

Comment

I see right thru you, pekka

Comment

Originally posted by st_swithin
                    I think I'm getting better at laughing at jokes at my own expense. Maybe I'm just channeling Jack Nicholson. Maybe that's why I seem to thing Angelica Huston is a harpy, even though I've never met her.
                    I am really good at laughing at jokes at my own expense

in fact, my sense of humor use to be making jokes at my expense

I decided that I ddin't really want to encourage that though

Jon Miller
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

yes you do. Let's see how good you are.. what am I wearing right now? Is this freaking you out? Ok sorry.. not even naked. OHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shiiiiiiiiiiiiit I'm late!!!!!!! *beback later*
                      In da butt.

Comment

Overbearingly sarcastic and dry.

Otherwise known as "painfully British."
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Usually dry, witty and sophisticated, sometimes slapstick, and rarely cheesy.
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Most of the time Im kind of subtle/ironic/sarcastic. I often say things that can be interpreted in 2 or 3 ways ... often I mean it in all 3 ways though
                            Only very few ppl. can figure out what I just really said and how it was meant.

Maybe about 20% of everything I say is serious. Most of the time its not ... like in my job as a cashier where I say things like "Thank you" and "Hello" ...
                            If its no fun why do it? Dance like noone is watching...

Comment

Originally posted by Kramerman
                              i also think st_swithin tries too hard
                              I think so too.
                              -30-

Comment

At the moment I would probably describe my humour as "drunken". Or "purple monkey dishwasher". But my money would be on "drunken".
                                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                                X