Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fez

What do you think of Winston Churchill?
    I think he was boorish, ignorant and vastly overhyped man who turned a blind eye to British atrocities.

Yet even that was better than Hitler. But only just.

Comment

Originally posted by red_jon

I think he was boorish, ignorant and vastly overhyped man who turned a blind eye to British atrocities.

Yet even that was better than Hitler. But only just.

Sloww, the key issue here was frying Saddam's ass. It is not like I cared about WMD anyways.
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
        Well, once again, when Hussein the candyass broke the cease-fire agreement, it was no longer interferance.
        You mean the ceasefire agreement that was first broken by the U.S. when it unilateraly established the No-Fly Zones (which wasn't in the ceasefire) and then used them as a pretext to fire on Iraqi radar sites that had the nerve to track them?
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

You mean the ceasefire agreement that was first broken by the U.S. when it unilateraly established the No-Fly Zones (which wasn't in the ceasefire) and then used them as a pretext to fire on Iraqi radar sites that had the nerve to track them?
          The US didn't unilaterally establish the No-Fly zones. The British also assisted.
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Alright, so if you change it to "U.S. and British" (which is still pretty unilateral, if you ask me), he's still right.
            the good reverend

Comment

Originally posted by rev
              Alright, so if you change it to "U.S. and British" (which is still pretty unilateral, if you ask me), he's still right.
              Bull****. It had the backing of the international community.

Comment

Working...
              X