No announcement yet.

Question about marketing a game idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is more believable than a witness: write your rules down and, in a really well sealed envelope, mail them to yourself. Do not open them once you get them.

Comment

Originally posted by The diplomat
      What do you mean by "gorgnard games"?
      Games where between turns more resembles Mornington Cresent.
      "Your attack on my left flank would have been really devastating. Had you supplied your troops with ammunition, of course. "
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
        The appeal of board games lie with the social elements, that's why you see so many simple, beer and pretzel type games. Gorgnard (sp?) games aren't really very popular.
        I suggest Grognard. This name was given to the old soldiers of Napoleon Imperial Guard who were always grumbling (to grumble= grogner).
        Statistical anomaly.
        The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
          Games that only diehards play. Complex rules, high degree of realism (where appropiate) and lots of serious thinking.
          Well then I guess I am safe. Neither of my two board games would be like that all. There would some thinking, but mostly the fun kind. The rules would be very simple, and the focus would not be on super realism, but on fun. The games would be very appropriate from casual players.
          'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
          G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

On a (somewhat related) topic: How do you go about getting developers interested in a video game? This has been a topic of discussion in some classes here that deal with video game theory.
            "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Working...
            X