No announcement yet.

Ctp2 Source Code To Be Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The PW system is the worst thing ever invented... Sure, the worker system isn't perfect either, but it beats the PW without any problems...
    I can't tell exactly why I hate, but I just hate it...
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST
      Aside from maybe altering it to let you build Roads ouside of your Borders
      This can be done without the source code just modify the tileimp.txt and the right position and it is done.

Originally posted by Proteus_MST
      (or altering the "Borders"-Concept into some kind of Cultural Borders like in Civ3 there is no reason, to change anything within the PW-Concept.
      Well cultural borders maybe a combo of both systems, maybe optional within a mod.

Yeah ADG you never moved more then 200 settlers over the world.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
        Yeah ADG you never moved more then 200 settlers over the world.
        I have tried that several times, but never got tired of it

But I get tired of using my mouse, to place those farms... Civ games should be played mostly by keyboard...
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Excellent news. I love CTP2 its my favorite game.

I will certainly join any group in terms of improving the game. Im not technical but am happy to suggest and comment on changes.

I prefer Multiplayer online so any changes that can improve that will be very much appreciated. Let me know when you get started - ill check in the CTP2 forums.

Comment

I haven't seen Barley around in a long time.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by st_swithin
              Right back at ya, D.

Are you still at Buzzard? Why hasn't Ogre made a cameo yet?
              Too busy drinking mead, stealing carrots, knocking pebbles down wells in monster infested mines, lighting off fireworks in tents, shaving my feet, you know, the usual completely unhobbit-like activities. Plus I'm so short it's hard to reach the keyboard, I can only get out the crates to stand on every so often.

Let's get together for some lembas, eh? Two or three loaves ought to be enough.
              Joe Rumsey - CTP Programmer

Comment

"We may allow ourselfs a brief moment of rejoicing, but let us not forget the toils and efforts that lie ahead" Winston Churchill may 8th 1945

God bless activision and god save the 'poly
                When it all comes to it, life is nothing more than saltfish - Salka Valka

Comment

PLEASE, do not wake me up. Ths can only be a dream!!!!!
                  "Kill a man and you are a murder.
                  Kill thousands and you are a conquer.
                  Kill all and you are a God!"
                  -Jean Rostand

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ogre

Too busy drinking mead, stealing carrots, knocking pebbles down wells in monster infested mines, lighting off fireworks in tents, shaving my feet, you know, the usual completely unhobbit-like activities. Plus I'm so short it's hard to reach the keyboard, I can only get out the crates to stand on every so often.

The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

• One of THE best bits of news to hit the gaming world in quite some time. CtP2 (esp. with mods) is an outstanding game, and with the pending source code release (which I would be EXTREMELY interested in seeing!), it stands poised to blow Civ3 (and probably Civ4) right outta the water.

Outstanding news!

-=Vel=-
                      The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

• This should be something to you all, Vel believes that CtP2 is "gem of a game" (quote), and believes it to be deep and strategic .

Now, Firaxis, let's hear if you want to join us .
                        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• I absolutely do, Solver...enjoyed it immensely (even moreso after playing it modded!)....still on the HD, and I even got my girlfriend hooked....soon as CB is released, we're gonna get back to playing....

-=Vel=-
                          The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ogre

What are you TALKING ABOUT?!? I ate 4 by myself!

Well, I was wrong about the hobbit thing, huh? A wizard shows up exactly when he's supposed to. Whazzup, Gandalf?
                            -30-

Comment

• Oh, and BTW, MrOgre, when did you move back to Venice?

You did it just to drive that fancy car of yours, didn't you? Next thing you know, you'll be hosting Botox parties and comparing liposuction scars with the other Hollywood stars.

-30-

Comment

• On a slightly more serious note, do we have anytime frame on when the code will be released?

Comment

Working...
                                X