No announcement yet.

Ctp2 Source Code To Be Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've pondered the public works system, and i like it to a degree. i think there should be a turn of "building", where a small worker camp is created there, and the public work will be there the next turn. that way, enemy armies could capture the workers, and have some points added to their work force (slave labor), while also denying their enemy the public works.
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by Uber KruX
      i've pondered the public works system, and i like it to a degree. i think there should be a turn of "building", where a small worker camp is created there, and the public work will be there the next turn. that way, enemy armies could capture the workers, and have some points added to their work force (slave labor), while also denying their enemy the public works.
      There already is a "work camp" type thing happening. It takes a couple of turns to build improvements, and it's shown by the graphics of incomplete improvements. There just isn't the capturing of the work force, though it can be pillaged which means you lose the PW points and time. As far as I'm concerned, this simulates that idea without bogging you down in the nightmare Civ3 worker-captured micro-management scenario.

Comment

I have a code written by Pedrun, fixed by Marin G that gives a PW bonus to the pillager, random 0-30%. Always thought that was a good concept. Simulates those pillage raids that led to so many battles in Med and Ancient times.

I would like to see a worker that can build between borders where no PW can be used, thats where the worker is needed. I find it annoying to create settler/nomads for the express purpose of building a city every 8-10 squares then laying down the PW for that important road to my concquests, then disband the city straight away because it will pushe me too far over the happiness level.

Comment

I told you guys that CtP2 doesn't need a Civ3ish worker system, it needs a SMACish terraformer system (work only, no population cost).
          (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by stankarp
            I have a code written by Pedrun, fixed by Marin G that gives a PW bonus to the pillager, random 0-30%. Always thought that was a good concept. Simulates those pillage raids that led to so many battles in Med and Ancient times.

I would like to see a worker that can build between borders where no PW can be used, thats where the worker is needed. I find it annoying to create settler/nomads for the express purpose of building a city every 8-10 squares then laying down the PW for that important road to my concquests, then disband the city straight away because it will pushe me too far over the happiness level.
            I don´t know for sure, I believe if you had got a military Unit on a Field outside of your Borders it was possible to build a Fortress and afterwards you had this single Field with the Fortress included within your Borders (and were able to build Improvements on it. But I don´t know it for sure. Haven´t played the Game since a long time.

But of course, even this would be unpractical, as you had to build a fortress for every field of the road outside of your Borders.

Maybe either Cultural Borders like in Civ 3, or the ability to create at least Roads either generally outside of your borders, or at least up to a Distance from 2 - 5 Fields away from your Borders would be great
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

What it needs first is the elimination of all the bugs that are still there. Of course prior to that you need an understanding of the code

Comment

It's good news for the modders.

If it's available to everyone, I might take a look in it too and perhaps make my own modification of it, just for fun. Or take it as example for an own game. If not, oh well.

Comment

Ralph, it's probably going to be public domain under a Linux-style license (GPL, I hope), but you would be better off joining the official CtP2 Source Code team .
                  Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                  I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Ah what news to come home to.

woooooooo haaaaaaah!

Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Re: Ctp2 Source Code To Be Released

Originally posted by st_swithin
                      ATVI EP confirms that source code for Call To Power II will be available as open source.

No dates yet, but this is STRAIGHT from the horse's mouth (and the lead programmer, the network programmer, the gamestate programmer).

LET US REJOICE!! OPEN SOURCE FOR ALL!!!

Ewww, GUI open source. Don't look there; I wrote some HORRIBLE code.

'I'm a lover, not a programmer.'

hi ,

does this mean that we shall see mods from you then , ......

and why aint this in the ctp forum

have a nice day
                      - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                      - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                      WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

I'm glad it's here, I never go in the CTP forum, though I may start if this thing gets going

Comment

Same for me.

Had it been in the CtP-Forum, I had missed the news.
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow
                            I told you guys that CtP2 doesn't need a Civ3ish worker system, it needs a SMACish terraformer system (work only, no population cost).
                            You already can terraform using PW. PW is a better system and I'd like to keep it.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

You already can terraform using PW. PW is a better system and I'd like to keep it.

Aside from maybe altering it to let you build Roads ouside of your Borders (or altering the "Borders"-Concept into some kind of Cultural Borders like in Civ3 there is no reason, to change anything within the PW-Concept.

Comment

This is good news... maybe many of the ex CTPers will see this and visit their old forums again
                                Keep on Civin'
                                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X