No announcement yet.

Ctp2 Source Code To Be Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Martin Gühmann According to my PEiDentifier CTP1 is compiled by Microsoft Visual C++ 5.0 and CTP2 is compiled by Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0, however I have the feeling that I shouldn't trust it too much so confirmation is needed.

-Martin
    OK, I'll give you confirmation, MSVC6.0.

Pyaray

Comment

• Anyone who wants an multiplayer game send me an email, private message or post in CTP2 lobby.
      Cant remember if we played before or not, maybe, but ill be playing plenty again when the rush-buy bug is gone (+ a few other bugs), also PBEM (crosses fingers) if theres people still around that is.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Actually, I did some compiling on Borland, but I can't remember which version.
        -30-

Comment

• Originally posted by st_swithin
          Actually, I did some compiling on Borland, but I can't remember which version.
          Hm... That probably means you didn't use any VC++ specific macros or tricks in the code. As it stands, I wouldn't mind having a crack at porting the game over to something a little more cross-platform. (I, however, happen to have other business to attend to- Ballistics and Bandits await completion sufficient to put them into beta testing for the Linux version... ).

On a slightly different subject (and addressed to all the CTP2 developers in the forum...)- do any of you know how derivative CTP2's codebase is from the original?

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf
            Hm... That probably means you didn't use any VC++ specific macros or tricks in the code. As it stands, I wouldn't mind having a crack at porting the game over to something a little more cross-platform.
            I'd like to use gcc. It is not the best compiler in the world on the generated bin quality, but it is a fairly portable one. However, if it compile with Borland bcc, it is probably compilable with gcc.
            Well... It's my signature... Sort of...

Comment

• Originally posted by edomaur

I'd like to use gcc. It is not the best compiler in the world on the generated bin quality, but it is a fairly portable one. However, if it compile with Borland bcc, it is probably compilable with gcc.
              I wasn't implying the compiler, per se, more the whole game itself. You see, it's very probably riddled with DirectDraw code, etc. I'm wanting to see it compilable for Linux and MacOS X. Reworking everything to use SDL would do that (And shouldn't be TOO hard if the CTP2 code's moderately derivative- CTP was converted over to SDL with no problems. I can always ask one of the Loki developers about things if needs be- I've got access directly or indirectly to most of them... )

Comment

Working...
              X