This makes me laugh.. PETA at it again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This makes me laugh.. PETA at it again

NEW YORK (Reuters) -- Singer Paul McCartney has joined an animal rights campaign against fast food chain KFC, urging the company to ensure better treatment for chickens in a U.S. newspaper advertisement on Thursday.

"If KFC suppliers treated dogs or cats the way they treat chickens, they could be charged with the crime of cruelty to animals," said a letter signed by McCartney on behalf of the group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).

"I am a vegetarian because I realize that even little chickens suffer pain and fear," the letter said. "These remarkable animals are deserving of at least a little kindness."

The letter appeared in the Louisville Courier-Journal, a newspaper in the hometown of KFC and its parent company, Yum Brands Inc. It was addressed to Yum Chief Executive David Novak.

KFC spokeswoman Bonnie Warschauer said the fast food chain was committed to the humane treatment of chickens.

"Paul McCartney is a music legend and he's entitled to his opinion, but we think he's misinformed," she said in a statement. "While PETA would prefer a world of vegetarians, most people disagree, so we think PETA should follow one of Sir Paul's songs, and just 'Let it be.'"

Earlier in July, PETA filed a lawsuit against KFC, accusing the company of making misleading statements on its Web site regarding how the chickens it sells are treated. PETA contends that the chickens KFC buys from suppliers are abused through drugging, feeding and slaughter practices.

In May, KFC announced plans to adopt more humane poultry-handling guidelines that address the breeding, hatching and raising of chickens. At the time, PETA said the guidelines did not go far enough to prevent cruelty to the animals.

PETA has previously won changes from other fast food chains, including the largest, McDonald's Corp.
    Who the **** cares if the chickens aren't being treated well.. they are going to be served up and deep fried anyways. And McCartney is wrong. PETA is wrong and I agree with the statement made by the statement of the KFC spokesperson.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

I believe While I do eat meat, the animals I'm eating should not suffer a slow painful death. They should be killed quickly and painlessly.
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Many of the PETA people will walk by a person living on the street and not even notice them... but heaven forbid an animal might be treated harshly before it gets killed and eaten.

While I'm not a fan of treating animals poorly, some of these PETA people are the biggest damn hypocrits around... screw em....
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
        I believe While I do eat meat, the animals I'm eating should not suffer a slow painful death. They should be killed quickly and painlessly.
        You know cows cannot suffer a slow painful death.. if they do their nerves release this toxin that cause the meat to get super tough. I learned that from one of my Argentine friends whose dad worked as CEO of a major agricultural industry.
        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
          Many of the PETA people will walk by a person living on the street and not even notice them... but heaven forbid an animal might be treated harshly before it gets killed and eaten.

While I'm not a fan of treating animals poorly, some of these PETA people are the biggest damn hypocrits around... screw em....
          I had enough of their hypocritical crap too... and I will continue eating meat, so I will raise my great middle finger to them where ever I see them.

Comment

I hope that within the next century we don't have to breed these animals just to die...... but until then I think something should be done to make sure they aren't being terribly mistreated during their lives

but until then I will continue eating meat.... although I doubt KFC actually uses much meat in their food anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Soul Survivor
              I hope that within the next century we don't have to breed these animals just to die...... but until then I think something should be done to make sure they aren't being terribly mistreated during their lives

but until then I will continue eating meat.... although I doubt KFC actually uses much meat in their food anyway
              Well KFC did take measures to ensure better protection for the chickens but it is never enough for PETA.

Comment

Originally posted by Fez

You know cows cannot suffer a slow painful death.. if they do their nerves release this toxin that cause the meat to get super tough. I learned that from one of my Argentine friends whose dad worked as CEO of a major agricultural industry.
                Really? Well thats good.

And yeah, PETA is filled with a ton of hypocrits.
                Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by Fez

Well KFC did take measures to ensure better protection for the chickens but it is never enough for PETA.
                  bah! i still refuse to believe their food is made of real chickens......

Comment

bah! i still refuse to believe their food is made of real chickens......
                    I actually think it is.. I like it at least.. One of the few fast food places I enjoy going to.

Comment

Originally posted by Fez

I actually think it is.. I like it at least.. One of the few fast food places I enjoy going to.
                      i've tasted chicken before..... and KFC is not chicken

Comment

i've tasted chicken before..... and KFC is not chicken
                        I tasted chicken too and I will have to dispute you on that.

It isn't great, but it is not bad.

Comment

Who the **** cares if the chickens aren't being treated well.. they are going to be served up and deep fried anyways
                          lol

and Fez replaces Fast Eddie in my sig...

Comment

PETA= People Eating Tasty Animals

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X