Weird choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird choices

Well, my job hunt (it does exist) has now taken me the way of legal work. This week I have had to intrerviews, and both are looking well (though this might always change..It has happened already) ut at the samew time, I have a strange choice.

The first place is a Paralegal temp agnecy..on the jobs I might get (someitmes with as little as same day notice) I would be getting paid 14-18 and hour. Having no paralegal experience, all i would be doing is paperwork (fine by me), but porbalby in large, established firms. The poblem is that, according to the agency itself, the Summer is slow lawfirms use their interns for the gruntwork.

The second place is a law firm itself, where I would begin as a file clerck for 8 an hour, with the ability to advance up the ladder. But there is just one porblem: the firm is very, as they Say, Ghetto. Thier filling system amounts to bundles of papers tied with rubber bands on the floor: think of it as a version of Hutz and Hutz, if our firned Lionel form the Simpsons were to start a law firm with relatives....

So, steady work at low pay in an insame asylum, or hold out for high pay at repudable frims, but no guarantee of any work anyway?
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Sounds to me like you have the greatest opportunity to shine in the 2nd job described, to make a difference.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Sounds like the law firm I worked for - not using any real names here, but it was 'called' Dewey, Cheatum & Howe.
      -30-

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
        Sounds to me like you have the greatest opportunity to shine in the 2nd job described, to make a difference.

Money money money money. Mo-neh!

Comment

In the ghetto,
          On a cold and grey Chicago morn another little baby child is born,
          In the ghetto,
          In the ghetto.
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

No, dumbass.
            In a ghetto. File system a farce.
            Money, money, money my ass.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Money, money, money my ass.
              That's the wierdest cash-for-sex proposition I've ever heard.

Comment

Originally posted by red_jon

That's the wierdest cash-for-sex proposition I've ever heard.
                Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

And the new momma cried,
                  Cuz if there's one thing that she don't need its another little hungry mouth to feed,
                  In the ghetto,
                  In the ghetto.
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Red Jon,

Comment

Slowwhand is closeted, RJ, be nice!
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Sava, one of these days, POW! To the moon !

Comment

don't worry... you should be safe... I don't hit the elderly or mentally challenged.
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'd keep looking for an alternative job to be honest.

Alternative 1 is probably going to earn you less cash than 2 if the hours aren't there.

Or, maybe what you could do is option 1 during the day, and find another job for evenings/weekends. The nice part about that is that when option 1 picks up, you are in position to capitalize on it.

If neither works out... Sloww is right, option 2 does give you the opportunity to improve the system... if you are up to the challenge.
                            Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
                            "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

Red Jon,
                              That smiley is frightening.

Comment

Working...
                              X