Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Athene

Sorry, comp ski

Now this is what I call a desktop interface. Its pretty skeletal at the moment, few apps, although that'll improve with the next release, and to the best of my knowledge, it appears to use scripted programs, human readable requiring no binaries (and open source )

I tested it, it seems pretty quick, I like the graphics, I like the interface philosophy, its quite like XP but I find it somewhat more utilitarian. It corrects the main problem I have with KDE, namely too many apps displayed confusing the interface.

I dont know why they call it an OS considering its kernel independent, but hey its still nice! If someone made a Linux distro with the basic stuff, and this (or a more advanced version) on top, I think it could work pretty well!
    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

If it can play games and perform better than Windows, I'm interested... if not... get lost.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

If it can play games and perform better than Windows, I'm interested... if not... get lost
      Not many, sorta, and awww!!

Like I said, its embrionic at the moment
      "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison

Comment

If this runs Windows games, cool. else, go fish. Might install it on a laptop, if I get one. ( And I am rather sure that I'll get one next year, if the job will come around as it should )
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

All I want is an OS that has an easy interface, performs better than Windows, and plays all the games with no compatability problems.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

It seems to run X applications (I have it installed on top of an X server), so it may actually run windows programs! Someone wanna check?

Comment

Sava: Use Linux or this in 2 years.

Comment

Sava: Use Linux or this in 2 years.
                I heard that 2 years ago.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Situations a little different since then

Comment

If this runs Windows software, I am in!

...now all they have to do is make openoffice less buggy.... I already switched, but still, it's pretty ****ing buggy!
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

I dont know if it does, but it runs on top of the windows API, so I would assume it would. How you access the programs, I dont know, I use Zterm, which is a terminal emulator for Linux, and run programs as I normally would on a windows system. Not sure how you would on Windows.

Comment

you just click them
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                        X