Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone give me a satisfactory answer WHY we killed Udai and Kusai?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Templar
    The simple answer to the question: they didn't surrender.

I'd rather see them playing butt bongo with Bubba in a cell (and washing his laundry) for the next several decades. But to each his own.
    It's more discouraging to the rambunctious natives this way. None of this El Qusay vive! crapola.
    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Well, maybe someone will shoot Dubya's daughters to keep the books balanced. It is an international war, after all.

... or at least Princes Willie & Harry. I suspect they could even be defined as legitimate targets, being hereditary heads of state.

Well, that was 30 million US well spent, unless the US reneges ! They are saying the tip they received simply confirmed their own intelligence, so I bet Uncle Sam won't pay up ! How do you hope to effectively buy the love of the Iraqis if you go back on your bribes ?

What other bounties are out there ?
      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

30 mill is pocket change. They'll pay it.

Comment

Look, they were dealing with a combat situation. They were provided with limited intelligence, and acted with the assets at hand. In this kind of situation, you don't have the time you need to call in a unit with the specialized training necessary to capture these types alive.

Don't get me wrong; the 101st is a highly professional, well trained unit, but they are trained to participate in large scale urban combat, which means 'kill 'em how you have to and move on'. An 18x or Delta team would have been better suited to a capture operation, but were probably not available in the necessary time frame.

Keep in mind also that bringing in these units would not have guaranteed success. These sorts of situations are unpredictable. Without too much training, a guy with an assault rifle and a few grenades can hold a stair case for an awfully long time. They might have killed themselves anyway.

I guess what I'm saying is give 'em a break. They're doing the best job they, or anyone else can.
          "Beauty is not in the face...Beauty is a light in the heart." - Kahlil Gibran
          "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves" - Victor Hugo
          "It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good -- and less trouble." - Mark Twain

Comment

The real question is why is this question being asked.

I see one of those two ****heads and it's time to pull out the gat and let the cop killers fly.
            Last edited by Ted Striker; July 24, 2003, 00:34.
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

More updates: it seems they were holding up in a fortified room with bulletproof glass and so forth, which is why in the end the Army fired the TOW's in. The soldiers tried to get in theree times, the first time they took 3 casualties, then they had to back up the second time, which is when they called in the missiles. Then they went in a third time after the attack, at which point the kid kept firing, so they shot him at that point.
              If you don't like reality, change it! me
              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                More updates: it seems they were holding up in a fortified room with bulletproof glass and so forth, which is why in the end the Army fired the TOW's in. The soldiers tried to get in theree times, the first time they took 3 casualties, then they had to back up the second time, which is when they called in the missiles. Then they went in a third time after the attack, at which point the kid kept firing, so they shot him at that point.
                Did they attempt to surrnedre"/ DO you understand the i,mplications, idtiot?

Comment

Sorruy about the idiot remark, I Meant saddam **** licker.

Comment

Man, you are getting really old, or the bends is damaging your vision, cause note Mr. Genius that I never questioned the act... (but porvided a description of the evnts for everyone else).

Oh wait, no, your "must atatck" senile senses must have kicked in.....

If you don't like reality, change it! me
                    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

what's the drink of choice tonight dog?

right now i'm sipping some hardcore cranberry/grape mix...
                      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Grrr.....must attack!!!!!

lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                          what's the drink of choice tonight dog?

right now i'm sipping some hardcore cranberry/grape mix...
                          vodka ans V-8. Makming me blind.

Comment

Comment

Because we were really, really hungry and they were really, really, really good-looking.

Coffee is GOOD.
                              -30-

Comment

I suspect that even if we tried teargas or the like, the four defenders probably had gas masks.

Given that we made three attempts to move troops to the second floor and took fire each time, the first time with all of our guys being wounded, I don't know what we could have done except to use heavier weapons.
                                http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Working...
                                X